The Call from Him

As the story begins, the scene unfolds from his perspective, with Alex hesitating before asking, "Should we keep going?" Unsure whether to continue reading or not, he seeks Han's opinion. "Why not? It seems intriguing," Han responds, his curiosity piqued. With a nod, Alex agrees, deciding to continue reading.

Lost in the narrative, he immerses herself in the events of June 26, 1953. It's a Friday morning, and finds herself lying on her bed, thoughts consumed by John, the captivating individual she encountered the day before. Abruptly, her phone interrupts her reverie.

"Oh My Goodness, Hannah, if you keep ringing, I'll just hang up on you," she begins, prepared to end the call, only to realize it's John on the other end. Flustered, she stammers out an apology, mistaking him for her friend. However, his chuckle puts her at ease as he explains his reason for calling: "I called because I missed you," he confesses, leaving her blushing at his unexpected declaration. "Is that so? But what if I said I didn't" she asked with a hint of playful touch.

"Oh, well that's sad" he replied playfully. While they were talking, a knock was heard on Eliz's door indicating that someone is at the door. "Dear, you've been in the room for over an hour. What are you doing in there?" her mother asked, knocking gently on Eliz's door, interrupting her conversation with John.

Eliz quickly composed herself, her cheeks still flushed from the unexpected call. "Oh, just reading, Mother," she replied, her voice slightly breathless.

Her mother entered the room, eyeing her daughter suspiciously. "Well, try not to get too lost in those books. You have chores to attend to," she reminded her, before leaving Eliz to her thoughts once more.

Eliz turned back to the phone, where John awaited her response. "Sorry about that interruption," she said, smiling. "Now, where were we?"