Hidden Ties

As the evening set in, the siblings, Ava and Victor, wrapped up their work. Ava suggested eating ice cream near the park, and Victor agreed with a nod. They strolled towards an ice cream truck in the distance, and the worker greeted them with a friendly, "What would you like, sir and ma'am?" They both ordered chocolate ice creams and waited for their treats. Observing her brother, Ava noticed he seemed lost in thought. Concerned, she inquired, "What's going on? What are you thinking about?" Victor revealed, "I can't shake the feeling that the worker here looks oddly familiar to me." Ava casually remarked on the smallness of the world, suggesting that they might have crossed paths with him before. 

After eating, they walked back to their house. By the time they finished cleaning their house, it was night. So, they decided to have dinner then sleep. It was midnight, and Victor couldn't sleep, so he went to check upon his sister. When he entered her room, he couldn't find her in her bed. He started panicking, suddenly someone entered the room. Victor quickly grasped on a sharp object and was about to hit it on the person, but he heard a feminine scream and when he opened his eyes, he found his sister. He sighed and dropped the lamp. "What were you doing at midnight" said Victor, "I could ask you the same too" Ava replied in a playful tone. Victor warned her to not roam around the house at midnight and went to sleep. 

It was now morning, and a loud scream woke victor up. He ran to the living room to find his sister holding a pan and trying to hit a dog. He dashed off to her and took the pan from her. "Get that dog out of here," Ava demanded. Victor, however, quickly responded, "It's my pet dog, Ava. I bought it a few weeks ago". Ava was blown away by her brother's reply, as he knew how much she was scared of dogs. She questioned her brother on why he bought a dog despite knowing her fear. Victor replied telling her, he bought it to protect himself, just in case the intruder attacks him. 

During their talk, the doorbell rang. Victor opened the door to find tom. "Anything important" asked victor "Can't I just come to hangout?" replied tom. Victor welcomed tom inside, and the trio spent their morning blabbering about nonsense. "Let's deep clean our house" said ava amidst the conversation, victor and tom nodded yes in response. 

While they were cleaning and rearranging the furniture around the house. Tom slipped and smacked into the wall, but to everyone's surprise, he didn't feel any pain. Instead of the usual "ouch," he just looked confused. 

Now, the trio is left scratching their heads, wondering why hitting the wall didn't hurt tom. Victor knocked on the wall and got to know it was not a wall but a partition. Tom, curious and determined, grabbed an axe and started breaking the partition. To their surprise, they saw stairs indicating there is a basement. 

Out of curiosity, they walked inside the basement and saw a picture hung on the wall at the end of the corridor, turns out this was victor and ava's grandfather, John Anderson's picture. They saw a lot of rooms in the corridor and explored on of the rooms. It looked really old and rusty. They discovered it was a bedroom, "I bet this bedroom belongs to one of our relatives" exclaimed ava. They spotted a name carved on a mirror; it was now clear by the carving on the mirror that this bedroom belonged to some lady named Eliz Haisleigh. 

They wasted no time dialing up Alex to get clarity on their shared surname 'Haisleigh'. Victor questioned, "Any chance you've got a relative named Eliz Haisleigh?" Without hesitation, Alex decided to call his mom to confirm the existence of a relative named Eliz. After the call, Alex dropped the bombshell, "Guess what? I do have a relative named Eliz, and she eloped with her lover, John Anderson. Hold on, aren't Victor and Ava also Andersons?". "Wait, so you're saying we three are related" said ava out of surprise.