"O-oh," Rika was right in front of her, safe and sound, the scratches she had on her were most likely from a fall, yet it scared Ahin

"But no worries!" She grinned, "Mister Hael saved me!!"

He and I both paused.

Hael saved her?

"The Master mage saved you?" Ahin was in disbelief

"Yea!!!" She exclaimed, "And he was so cool!" She let his collars go and almost fell back but Ahin caught her, "He swooped all the monsters away with his fire and they disappeared!!!" Her hands flailed around in the air as her eyes shone, "Then a knight came and brought me to you."

Hael must be killing all the corrupted beats by burning them to ashes.

I didn't take him for a loyal worker... But then again, he had never failed in his studies even as a servant. He's always been diligent.

"Well," Ahin patted her head, "That's good." He then removed his arms from under her that were supporting her weight and put her down.

'Civilians, please move towards the City Square.' An announcement came in, 'All civilians, please move towards the City Square. We have made a safe zone.'

Ahin looked at me, "Can you take Rika with you?" He asked.

'Civilians, please move towards the City Square.' The announcement continued, 'All civilians, please move towards the City Square. We have made a safe zone.'

"Of course." I replied and immediately held out my hand for her. She jogged over to me and took my hand, "Where are you going?" I asked him as I tightened my hand over Rika's

"I have a duty." He smiled at us, "I'll be back once the threat has been completely eliminated." He glanced at the sky, "The mages have done most of the work, so I'll be back soon."

Oh, right

"Be safe," I smiled back

"Come back fast!!" Rika waved at him and he waved at her as he turned to leave.

***

The square was full of people. A Lot of mages were on the outlook and many knights were bringing people to safety

Rika seemed excited about something, she kept patting the pocket of her dress.

"Hey," She moved my arm with her hand that I held in mine

"Yes?" I looked at her.

"You know the mage master, right?" She was excited,

"Uh-yes, in a way," I had no idea why she was asking but I couldn't lie about it.

Her smile widened, "Can you please take me to meet him then?"

"You want to meet him, why?"

"I want to thank him for saving me." She gave me a toothy smile.

"That's his duty, you don't need to specially thank him."

She shook her head, "No, I want to, he saved my life." She hummed, "Mom said to always thank people who do something great for you. And saving a life is a great thing!"

Her words touched my heart.

Awww

She's such a sweet kid

I sighed

But, I don't know how to take her to Hael. Would he even want to meet her? The magic tower doesn't allow civilians in, not unless they have a special invitation.