just one more hour

How would you describe the word lazy? Picking up any dictionary, lazy would most certainly be defined with words that closely relate to 'the unwillingness to work or use energy.' There really is no way of arguing against that. That is pretty much what laziness is.

Well, what about the word Sunday? What would you say when asked to explain what Sunday means? In all simplicity, it is just the day after Saturday and the day before Monday. You could go on to explain that other people observe it as a day of religious worship, and you would not be wrong.

So... what happens when you put the two together? Lazy Sunday.

What would that mean? There is no actual definition for it. No dictionary anywhere, whether online or in a traditional book, has a definition specifically for the word 'Lazy Sunday.' The word's definition is completely up to the people who practice these so-called 'Lazy Sundays.'

For one person, it could mean sleeping until noon. For another, it could mean watching episode after episode of his or her favorite drama or series. For others, it could simply mean a day without doing anything.

Well, that is just for the individuals, the singulars. What about the plurals? The we's, the us's, the couples. What would 'Lazy Sundays' mean for them? It would not be too far off from what the singles do, just that they would do it...together. They would sleep in 'til noon together, watch episode after episode of their favorite drama or series together, or just do nothing together. Nothing at all.

To Risa and Leni, nothing seems like the perfect thing to do on a Sunday especially that both of them are busy during weekdays. Or at least that is what one of them thinks.

Two bodies lay perfectly still under the covers of their comfortable bed, both in the embrace of the other. All seems peaceful, perfect for a painting until one of them stirs. The embrace unlocks, and the one who stirred begins to stretch with a groan. She sits up, her hair a mess, and swings her legs over the edge of the bed. She blinks a few times, yawns, and stretches her arms out again before reaching for her phone. She clicked it once to check for the time before inhaling deeply after noticing that half their day was gone.

She looks back briefly to the other, who still remains unmoving, apart from the gentle rising and falling of her breathing. She smiles a little before stretching again as she still feels winded up. When done, she heads towards the kitchen and grabs a glass of water. She walks around their apartment and empties the glass, inspecting for other life in their home. The only life to be seen would be the two of them and her daughter's dog, Rocco, who comes running up to her happily.

At first, she is happy to see him, what with his tail wagging cutely and all, but then she realizes that it is twelve in the afternoon and rushes to where she keeps his dry food, feeling sorry that he had not gotten the chance to eat yet because she slept in. She is pleasantly surprised to find a little note stuck to the container, telling her that Rocco had already been fed in the morning and something about accusing her of being a bad babysitter and saying she was lucky that Rocco had an exemplary tita.

Feeling relieved and thankful, she squats back down to Rocco and apologizes for being the accused babysitter with a slight chuckle before showering him with kisses. She then wipes the glass she used before returning to her room to wake the other sleepyhead. Before she can enter her room, she finds her feet glued to the ground at the entrance and her eyes locked onto the perfection of the person lying in her bed. She giggles a little after noticing that Risa had rolled all the way to her side of the bed and now lay sprawled pretty much like a starfish.

"Ganda." She thinks.

She heads over to her bed and sits near Risa's head, her back against the headboard. Risa, though asleep—or at least she still has her eyes closed—notices her presence and readjusts herself to rest her head on Leni's lap. She cannot help but smile.

"Risa.." She coos.

Risa shifts a little but says nothing.

"Darling.." She tries again.

"Hmm?"

"Oras na para gumising."

She does not respond this time. Leni suppresses a chuckle; she knows Risa does not want to wake up. She shakes her legs a little, and Risa groans. This time, she lets her chuckle out.

"Gising na, senator antukin."

She shuffles again so that she can face upwards. She places her arm over her eyes and groans again.

"What time is it?" she asks, her voice slightly gruff.

"It's..." Leni begins and rechecks her phone.

"12:15."

There is some silence before Risa speaks up again.

"Do I really have to get up na?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Pero it's Sunday."

"So?"

Risa twists and turns a little, throwing a childish fit. Leni just smiles.

"Para ka namang bata."

Risa repeatedly kicks her legs against the bed, whining about not wanting to get up. Leni suddenly feels like a mother of a very unruly child.

"Well, anong gagawin mo kung hindi ka babangon?"