take my hand, wreck my plans

filed under thirty-four point five chapters that didn't make it to the cut

──────────────────

Trust Leni that she had planned different ways of telling Risa that she loves her and asking her to turn their friendship into a relationship.

Her first plan was a romantic dinner wherein there are purple and pink petals around a table and jazz music to complete the vibe.

The second was during the concert of their favorite Filipino band while singing With A Smile but that was crossed out of the list as she was in Boston when the band held their reunion concert.

Third plan was during Ben&Ben concert in New York but that was also crossed out because Risa wasn't able to fly to NY as she had a lot of work commitments. Fourth was just casually telling the senator that she loves her and she couldn't imagine herself not being with her for the rest of her life.

Her last plan was to give a piece of paper that has pros and cons of being her girlfriend to Risa after their catch up months after the elections when the senator visited her at her new office where Museo ng Pag-asa was being furnished. She wasn't able to do it though. It was because Risa was so giddy on taking photos and videos of unfinished walls of the museum.

Leni even asked one of her staff to sort of document Risa's visit because she wanted to keep the senator's reaction when she read it. It came to a point when the senator rushed for an emergency meeting in her office so the former vice president just ushered her out of the vicinity and told her to be careful while driving as Risa refused her offer to give her a ride.

So in the end, Leni just posted the clips on her Facebook account and captioned it with, Sen Risa visited us at the office this morning and I toured her around our still unfinished Museo ng Pag-asa, that earned a heart reaction from the latter.

"Mag-iingat sa pag-drive, Sen." said Leni as she watched Risa hurriedly climb on her car, keeping her left hand that was holding the piece of paper and her phone on her back while waving the right hand at Risa.

"Noted po, VP. Ay, Attorney pala. Thank you for the tour. Babalik ako next time!" replied Risa, smiling at the lawyer.

"Sus baka bukas lang, nandito ka nanaman." Leni teased, although she also wishes for it to be true because she knows that she would feel Risa's absence as soon as the latter fades out from her sight.

"I can't help it kung mamimiss kita agad," Risa chuckled when she felt Leni pinching side as she closed the door of her car.

They stared at one another, both noticing the longing creeping into each others' eyes not until the former vice president breaks the silence, dismissing the tension that was slowly building as she wouldn't want to aggressively pull the senator for a kiss as they are in an open area so she finally stepped back from the car.

"Sira. Bilis na. Hinahanap ka na po sa opisina nyo, Senator," said Leni, waving goodbye at the other woman.

Palyado na talaga.

That being said, Leni tracing the acronym of I love you on the other woman's soft skin six months after that day was not part of the plan. It was just like a habit that she unconsciously picked up whenever they did the deed.