morning person

"Sen Risa, are you a morning person?"

"I'm actually more of an evening person, pero I tend to sleep naman between 11pm to 2am if I can. That's early to me na. Haha! Someone also told me rin kasi na baka hindi maniwala ang mga tao sa aking 'healthy buhay' kapag hindi ako healthy kakapuyat, haha!"

***

"Paano naman maniniwala yung mga tao sa healthy buhay tagline mo kung ikaw mismo ang hindi healthy?" a specific voice of a woman echoes in her mind whenever she sleeps late. So, for now, she's trying to sleep early as she can during weekdays but stays up late pa rin during weekends.

The enticing smell of a freshly brewed coffee breezes through Risa's nose before a steaming cup of black coffee is placed on the table in front of her. Although she is still busy typing sentences on her laptop, she does break into a soft sweet smile. Her smile broadens when she feels warm soft lips graze her cheek and a gentle hand stroke her hair.

Of course, it was her beautiful girlfriend. Sino pa nga ba?

She stopped typing on her laptop for awhile to turn to the source of the sweet gestures. "Are you going to sleep na, love?"

"Mmhm." Leni leans in for another kiss, letting their lips meet this time. "Good night, darling. Don't stay up too late ha? Nakakasama yun sa'yo, healthy buhay is your platform, remember that," Leni grinned.

Risa chuckled, and Leni gives her a "okay sige na nga gets ko naman" look.

She stays up all night writing her reviews and revisions on the bills that she's authoring because she believes that her brain works more productively during ungodly hours like this rather than during work hours.

Meanwhile, Leni is a morning person who always wakes up early. Parang nasa ibang bansa nga 'yung body clock nya. Minsan gising na sya at 4am pero si Risa, patulog pa lang.

However, nakapag adjust naman na sila sa work at sleeping schedules nila, they also found a routine that works for the both of them.

It is whenever Risa has work to do, Leni will always brew her a cup of coffee before the latter goes to bed, and with a few sweet kisses to go with it. There are times naman na their sleeping schedules match, tuwing walang uwi na trabaho si Risa or kapag namimiss nya na talaga si Leni na kasamang matulog.

"Good night love, dream about me," Risa whispers before tilting her head up for another kiss, expressing her appreciation to her ever-understanding girlfriend.

"Of course I will. Good night, darling, love you," Leni whispered back and walked towards their bedroom.

***

Risa takes sips of her coffee once in a while and only leaving her seat to take a few short bathroom breaks. She finally finishes her proposed revised bill around 4:23 AM, and rests her back on the couch, letting out a huge, drawn-out yawn.

She checks the clock on her phone and realizes that Leni will be up soon since the other woman sets her alarm clock at 5 AM every weekday.

"Ah, I should sleep now, I need to be more healthy para sa bayan, para kay attorney," Risa murmured, grinning to the last words that she said to herself.

She shuts down her laptop and sets it down on the table. Risa stands up and takes her empty pink mug with her to the kitchen. And although every cell in her body wants to crawl to bed and get some well-deserved rest, she pinched her cheek with one hand to wake herself up a little so that she can brew Leni a fresh batch of coffee.

After brewing the coffee, she makes her way to their bedroom, trying her best not to make a lot of noise so her girlfriend won't be disturbed from her sleep.

"Oh my god, ang dilim naman," Risa thought to herself.

Risa carefully walks to her side of the bed and saw her pocket-sized girlfriend sleeping soundly, Leni, lying on her back with a memory foam pillow that supports her neck because she believes that this is the best position for her neck pain. Risa gently puts one knee onto the mattress and tries her best to slide into bed without disturbing the other woman up. She lifts Leni's arm and places it on the latter's tummy so she can finally lie down properly.

Leni shifts around, lips smacking beautifully. Minsan, nagigising si Leni dahil sa konting kaluskos ni Risa pero nakakabalik naman sya agad sa tulog. And as if it's an established habit through out their relationship, Risa always turn to her side to lean in and give her a quick peck on her cheek as a good night.

She places her arm over Leni's, sniffed her neck and she closes her eyes as she listens to her girlfriend's breathing.

As tired as Risa is, her brain is still awake because of the caffeine of the coffee she consumed earlier, so it may take her a long while before she can finally drift off to sleep. But as Leni's natural scent infuses her senses, it's almost like a trick that can remove all the caffeine in her body, and she falls asleep in a matter of seconds.

As Risa sleeps soundly after staying up late to work, she dreams of an angel leaving soft sweet kisses on her forehead and murmuring sweet I love yous, and a subconscious smile tugs at her lips during the rest of her slumber.

"Good morning love, thank you for brewing the coffee. I left bacon and egg on the dining table for your brunch. I love you darling," Leni stroking Risa's hair and murmured, even though she knows the latter won't probably hear her as her girlfriend is still sleeping soundly— after staring at Risa, she left gentle kisses on her girlfriend's forehead before leaving for work.