can this be a real thing? can it?

another multi-shots fic compiled into one :)

──────────────────

1: the gameplan

"Sabihin mo nalang kasi sakanya 'yung totoo," is what Leni always says whenever she asks for her advice, "na you don't want to date him."

She's blunt, as usual. "Wow, thanks ah. As if namang hindi ko naisip 'yan." Risa replies as she rolls her eyes, with evident sarcasm in her tone. "Akala ko naman you would have a more creative reason since ikaw 'tong madami na atang natanggihan but I guess I was wrong."

When Risa said creative; she was referring to the lawyer's flawless technique of avoiding any man with interest that she didn't reciprocate, which had been quite a few in the time she had known her.

"So why hindi nalang kasi 'yun ang gawin mo?" Risa chuckled when she realizes the other woman is just going to ignore what she had just said earlier.

"We have to attend the same get together next week, 'diba? Kasama ka kaya, nakalimutan mo?" the senator asks and she can tell by the former vice president's expression that she definitely forgot. "I'd rather not force everyone in our team to have to deal with a him na nag-eemote if I tell him I don't feel the same." Risa pauses to consider the alternative and gives a rapid shake of her head at that scenario. "Pero I also definitely don't want to keep his hopes up and deal with that awkwardness for an entire week rin naman." She allows her head to drop into her hands, letting out a muffled groan of frustration. "God, I really don't know what to do. He doesn't even really like me, he just thinks he does!"

"So I think, ang kailangan mo talaga is a sort of gameplan?" She nods into her hands and looks up to see Leni rubbing her chin in thought before her brow furrows in confusion. "Wait, what do you mean he just 'thinks he does?'"

"What I mean is ako lang 'yung nilalapitan nya to feed his ego. I think?" she explains as if it's the most obvious thing in the world because, as far as she's concerned, it is the most obvious thing in the world. "Also, Lens, he's so young. I feel like he's just thinking of me as a challenge because I'm way older than him. 'Diba young guys are like that daw? Teddy told me."

And as if it's like the young guy could sense she's talking about him, her phone started vibrating against the table with incoming messages. Leni picks it up when it becomes clear that she's not bothering to check who it is, informing her it is the young guy in question. Again.

"Patay na patay sa'yo ah."

"Halos one month na syang text nang text sa'kin. 'Sen Risa, do you want to see a movie?', 'Sen Risa, wanna go get some coffee?', 'Sen Risa, I can't wait for our trip!'" She remembers how she almost threw her phone out the window during a hectic work week but instead had chosen the least dramatic option and simply turned it off to stop the incessant flow of messages.

"Siguro madami rin 'yang heart emojis 'no?" Leni smirks at Risa's glare but then her features gradually shift to a more calm expression. "Sen, you should pretend to be in a relationship nalang," she suggests suddenly to the table, her eyes uncharacteristically downcast and avoiding Risa's. "He would leave it alone pretty quickly if alam nyang you were dating someone."

"Lens, hindi ako mag-iimbento ng lalaki na hindi naman nag-eexist," she says, knowing him will never stop bothering her for details and demanding to meet him.

"What I mean is, pretend to date someone who actually exists talaga. And it doesn't have to be a guy," Leni's eyes meet hers again but she still seems guarded for some reason and being unable to read her makes Risa feel uneasy.