fifteen

Leni is not that strict when it comes to her phone. Sometimes, Jill opens it for editing the videos that Leni would later post on her personal facebook account. But that's not the case anymore, even if Jill is the self proclaimed favorite of her mom, hindi na nya ngayon mahawakan 'yung phone nya.

"Bigla nalang naging iba 'yung passcode ni Mama sa phone nya, dati birthdays lang natin 'yun eh," Jill complained to her sisters.

"Baka naman ayaw lang ni mother na makita natin kung anong level na sya sa wordscapes?" Tricia, the crowd's favorite during and after the campaign, uttered. "Ikaw ate Aiks, what do you think?" she added, sipping her black coffee before starting her shift.

"I don't know, hayaan na natin. Minsan lang maging techie si Mama at natuto na sya magpalit ng passcode," said Aika as she assured her younger sisters.

But the real reason why their Leni changed her passcode is the fifteen days belief that she read in an old article she stumbled upon while browsing the net— it is when a person needs to set the photo of someone they want to be in relationship with— as their phone wallpaper and eventually they will become a couple. The catch? No one should ever see the wallpaper for fifteen days.

"Ano ba naman 'to, parang pang bagets," Leni murmured while she's looking for the photo of Risa that she saved— which she will set as her wallpaper. "Pero wala namang mawawala kung ittry 'diba?" she said aloud, talking to herself.

Finally, she was able to find Risa's photo— it was the photo of Risa when she was flashing the L sign and cheering while Leni was on the caravan car— pointing and waving at Risa.

"Ayan, ang cute talaga nitong cheerleader ko," Leni smiled, satisfied with her wallpaper. Now, her only problem is to keep it a secret for almost two weeks. If not, her wish for Risa to be hers will not be granted by whoever invented this childish belief.

2 more days.

Two more days before the fifteen days thing is over, and Leni will be able to finish the two weeks while her wallpaper is still Risa as a secret. She has been doing her best on guarding her phone from everyone, she even bought a privacy tempered glass for her phone so that no one can peek on her phone whenever she uses it. Clever, you might say.

But you may be wondering why Leni wants Risa, of all people why her? Well, Leni has a little crush on her since the 2022 campaign started. The two became closer during the campaign compared last 2016. Leni woke up all of a sudden and felt that her love for Risa was not just as her bestfriend or a confidant— it's beyond that. She wants to be with her for the rest of her life.

Besides, their lifestory is almost the same. With that, they became each other's anchor, they would talk about their kids, their late husbands, and even their struggles as single moms. Even after the campaign, they would still find time to catch up even if they are both busy with their work.

One of those days is today. Risa will visit AB's office today and fetch Leni for their catch up dinner. She arrived at the office 1 hour earlier before their agreed time.

"Ang aga mo naman, Sen." Leni opened the door and let Risa come in.

"Para hindi na rin ako matraffic. Hintayin nalang kita dito, Lens. Kung okay lang sa'yo?" Risa entered the office and puts down her bag on the coffee table in front of Leni's desk.

"Yes sure, okay lang. Malapit na rin naman ako matapos. Do you want coffee ba muna?" Leni says, returning to her spot.

"No, it's okay. Para na rin hindi ako mabusog agad. Do what you need to do na, I'll quietly wait for you to finish," Risa smiled, gets her phone from her bag and started to browse.

"Okay sige, sandali nalang 'to talaga. Promise."

Half an hour passed and Leni excused herself from Risa because of the quick meeting that she needs to attend. Leni was focused on the meeting as she wants it to end early so she can finally spend the rest of the night with Risa. The meeting was almost over when realization hits her that her phone which she guarded for 13 days as if her life depends on it— is not with her.

She probably left it on her desk and while Risa— who is her wallpaper is also currently on her office waiting for her.

"Siguro wala namang tatawag sa akin bigla diba? Wala namang dahilan para tumawag sila at baka makita ni Risa yung wallpaper ko," Leni thought to herself, fidgeting a pen on her hand.

The meeting ended and Leni hurried back to her office, hoping no one called her and Risa didn't notice her phone.

As she turned the knob of the door of her office, she saw Risa who is also about to open the door, holding a phone on her left hand— Leni's phone that has Risa as her wallpaper on it.

"Lens— nalaglag mo ata kanina, sorry ngayon ko lang napansin kasi lalabas sana ako to get water." Risa looked directly at her eyes and handed her phone.

"T-thank you, Sen." Leni, nervously laid out her hand to get the phone and went back to her desk to fix her things. Ignoring the fact that Risa saw her phone.

Leni says, "Let's go na, Sen. Ayos na 'ko." as she gets her bag and about to exit the office.

Risa immediately grabbed her hands, "Leni, wait. I have a question lang,"

"Ano 'yun?"

"Pang ilang days na 'yan?" Risa asks, looking down at Leni's hand which is holding her phone.

"Ang alin?" Leni said, chuckling to herself. She tried to play innocently as if she doesn't know what the Senator was saying.

"Yung wallpaper mo."

"P-pang 13th day na. Do you know about it?" Leni said before the silence got embarrassing for her.

Risa didn't answer her but instead she gets her phone from her pocket, clicked the power button to open it and showed it to Leni.

Her wallpaper is Leni, the exact moment of Leni's wallpaper but from Risa's point of view of Leni while on the caravan car, pointing and smiling at her.

Risa smiled at the answer she was about to give, "Ako kasi, pang 17th day na."