the vow

"So kayo po Ma'am Leni, since you said naman po na you want organized lagi yung gamit nyo, how do you organize naman po yung daily work tasks nyo? Do you use the notes app or any app?" the livestream host asked.

"Alam mo, ako kasi ayun nga gusto ko laging organized lahat para madali rin masundan. Hindi rin naman ako ganoon ka expert pa when it comes to technology kaya mas prefer ko pa rin yung may notebook or journal ako. Then, I list down all of the things that I needed to finish for the day," Leni replied

"Regarding with the notebook po, puro work related lang po ba yung sinusulat nyo or may mga random notes or quotes rin po? Haha!"

"Naku, hindi naman puro work. May mga sinusulat rin ako doon na iba kagaya nalang rin ng grocery lists at recipes whenever I watch food vlogs,"

***

Notebook.

Leni smiled at the word she said earlier as she remembered that she has a leather blue covered notebook that Risa bought for her; she got it for her when they re-watched the movie titled The Vow.

Leni gently stroked Risa's hair when she sobbed through out the movie— thinking about the idea of memory loss. That what if it happens to them? What if Leni forgets Risa? What if she forgets all of their precious memories together?

Between the two of them, Risa is the one who is more emotional when it comes to movies— or even in general. Leni even has a random list at the back of the notebook, one list is titled  "Reasons Why Risa Cried" As for Leni, sya naman yung always no reaction or talagang magaling lang sya magpigil, or nauunahan na ng emosyon ni Risa kaya di na sya naiiyak at iccomfort nalang si Risa.

Leni writes on it whenever she has time or inspiration, may be it on her way to work, while in the meeting or before going to sleep.

Tonight it's not of those nights that Leni can't sleep because of her recurring migraine these past few days, she decided to turn the lamp shade on her side of the bed— quietly, making sure she doesn't wake the woman she cherished the most who is sleeping soundly on her side. She opens up the notebook.

She immediately grinned when she read the first page on the notebook;

Hi Maria Leonor,

That's your name nga pala but you have a nickname naman, Leni, and if in case makalimutan mo where you live, call the number at the top of the page. That's Risa's number and I guarantee you that pupuntahan ka nya wherever you are to pick you up. She's really nice!

Anyway, this first section of the notebook is about Risa, she's your wife by the way. May inipit akong photo nya sa next page, just in case you don't remember her face. She's really beautiful, right? Wag mo sya papakawalan, even if you feel like it's the first time you meet her. Read this notebook carefully so you don't lose her.

Her name is Therese Navarro, but ayaw nyang tinatawag mo sya with her full name– unless it's that time where you two do that thing, you know. Yeah, you'll probably know it naman.

She's not a morning person, but for healthy reasons that she fights for, she tries to sleep at around 11pm to 3am— and she has to wake up by around 7am to get to work on time. So remember to get up a little earlier and sure she gets out of bed. Usually, tapping her gently would help naman. But if it didn't work, the last resort is to tickle her. But most probably, she will jump up and hahabulin ka, so choose your ways and be careful nalang.

Oh, you can also whisper to her the magic word bacon to wake her up. Pero sometimes, hindi rin 'yun nagwwork because she wants you more than the bacon. She likes her coffee as black, no milk or sugar. Anyway, she doesn't really like having breakfast before but you were able to convince her to eat atleast a sandwich to fill her stomach before going to work.

She'll go to work after her coffee and sandwich, and you too. She'll get home before you— because lagi kang nag oovertime sa work mo which she really hates but your wife can't do anything about it. Anyway, one important detail: she is not a very good cook but she improved a lot since you two got married! Lahat naman ng niluluto nya is edible, sometimes mukha lang hindi pero it's edible, trust me! Just eat it, hindi mo naman ikamamatay yun.

She likes to shower after dinner, another thing to note, matagal sya maligo like around an hour so pwede ka pa manuod ng isang kdrama episode while you're waiting for her. But wag kang aalis bigla, matatakutin sya if she's alone at home. Wag mo na rin sya asarin about it, she might glare at you like what she's doing at her work when she's serious.

Leni continued to flip the pages, smiling at her sleeping wife once in a while,

She loves hugs. Give her at least one good hug a day – like, a long, comforting hug. Kahit galit ka sakanya or galit sya sa'yo, try to make sure it's a hug a day. Trust me, she'll soften once you do that— especially that hug where you rest your face on her neck.

Risa who's sleeping next to Leni, sneezes into her sleep. Leni pulls up the blanket to Risa's shoulders and quickly turns to the next page.

She likes it when you ask about how her week went whenever you two are lazying around the living room during weekends. She loves cuddling with you on sunday mornings that you always tend to turn into a morning action— that makes you two tired— ehem.

She also loves it when you kiss her hands gently when you're driving— you get it, clingy asawa mo. And don't you dare lose her! Iyakin rin sya and you always tease her about it that would earn you a slap on the shoulder.

Anyway, I hope you won't lose her. Risa loves you so much. You know what, she never believed that marriage is the end goal. She always believed that if you love someone, you don't need it on a piece of paper to prove it. She never understood any of it until she met you — her wife, her Leni.

Leni blushed at the last line that she read and leaned to whisper on Risa's ears, "Me too, I love you too and I won't ever lose you, darling," she puts the notebook aside. She looks over at Risa, who is still sleeping, one arm on Leni's space. Leni holds the arm gently, turns of the light, hugged her wife, and goes back to sleep.

And just like that, Leni's migraine magically disappeared as she sleeps soundly with her wife— Risa.