pet names

Leni and Risa broke up and when they told their circle of friends about it, they were just like— "Ah, okay sure."

After 2 years of dating, they just got bored and said they still have a country to serve. No hard feelings at all and of course, no third party. They still liked each other and enjoyed being around each other but they didn't want to date anymore. Matanda na sila para doon. Breaking up and staying as amigas was the best way to handle it.

No drama, no unnecessary fights, no mess at all. Everything would go back how they are before. Friends. Kumare. Best buddies but make it senior citizens version.

But of course, none of the tropa were convinced that it would work. They claimed Leni and Risa were too close, from 2013 to 2022 it means— they had too much history. There was no way the two could switch all of that off.

"Pero you guys were so good together, kahit before campaign pa lang," Kiko said while Leni patted him.

"I know naman, best wingman kita during those times 'diba?" Leni said. "Pero kami pa naman 'to, ganun pa rin naman. Friends. Walang magbabago, right Ris?" Leni shot a look at Risa who is just standing there watching her soothe Kiko.

"Right," she agreed quickly. "Sabi nga ng Ben&Ben, sometimes it is the best thing to do, Kiko."

Kiko finally stopped sulking, lifting his head to stare at Leni and Risa. "Anong ibig sabihin na you're still going to be friends? Pwede ba 'yun?"

"Ang gustong sabihin, magkaibigan pa rin kami," Leni said, slightly confused. "Gusto pa rin naman namin na magkasama kami, it's just that we don't want to date anymore."

Kiko really went from being devastated to confused after he heard that. "Hindi nyo magagawa 'yan," he said. "Lalo pa na nakita nyo na isa't isa na nakahubad ah."

The two ignored Kiko.

"Ang point kasi is hindi porket we dated, hindi na kami pwede maging friends. At saka para hindi na kayo mamili ng sides, pwede pa rin tayo magsama sama sa isang gathering and be normal."

Kiko shook his head, "Bahala nga kayo," he said. "Lahat ng kakilala kong mag-ex sinabi na 'yan, never naman nagwork."

"Hindi kami kasama sa mga 'yun." Leni said. Risa nodded, pointing at Leni.

That's it. Leni and Risa broke up but they still find themselves slip up and continue to call each other by their pet names.

———

BABY

Risa has an appointment at Leni's office to discuss some political agendas that the opposition had planned. Their meeting ended and they are now just catching up.

"Birthday nga pala ni Kiko next week, may gift ka na?" Risa asked while still going over some papers.

"Baka watch lang, usual gifts for titos like him. Ikaw ba?"

"I think polo shirt?"

"No, baby, ang boring naman ng gift mo." Leni said, and then abruptly stopped, stiffening.

"What?"

Leni's cheeks suddenly became pink. "N-natawag kitang baby,"

"Oh," Risa said. She's not sure if it was just her imagination, or had the air just gotten warmer even if the aircon is on?