Chapter 8

( visit to Khao's family)

A few days had passed since Khao and I made plans to visit his family, and anticipation simmered beneath the surface as the day of our reunion drew near. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting hues of pink and gold across the sky, Khao and I found ourselves standing outside his family home.

The air was filled with a sense of excitement and nervous energy as we approached the familiar doorstep, Khao raised his hand to knock, the sound echoing through the quiet neighborhood like a promise of things to come.

The door swung open, revealing Khao's grandparents, their faces breaking into smiles at the sight of us. "First, Khao, it's wonderful to see you both!" his grandmother exclaimed, enveloping us in a warm embrace.

As we stepped into the living room, a sense of nostalgia washed over me, the familiar sights and sounds of Khao's family home filling me with a sense of comfort and belonging. The aroma of home-cooked meals wafted through the air, mingling with the sound of laughter and conversation that filled the room.

Khao's parents greeted us, their faces alight with joy at our unexpected visit. "Welcome back, boys," his father said, pulling us into a tight hug. "It's been too long since you've graced us with your presence."

Beside them, Khao's older brother and sister beamed with delight, their laughter filling the room as they exchanged stories and caught up on each other's lives.

As the evening wore on, we shared stories and laughter, basking in the warmth of each other's company. There was a sense of camaraderie that filled the room, a shared understanding that transcended words and bound us together as one.

As the night drew to a close, we bid farewell to Khao's family, as Khao and I prepared to leave his family home. We exchanged heartfelt goodbyes with Khao's family.

Khao's sister appeared beside us, her eyes alight with mischief as she interjected with a smile "First don't forget to come again, we miss you a lot."

(While returning to their respective places)
First: Hey Khao, when I saw those pictures in your room...

Khao: (interrupts) Oh, which pictures are you talking about?

First: (excitedly) The ones we took near the river!

Khao: Oh yeah, I remember. Do you want those photos?

First: No, I've got those ones. But I lost the ones of just the river scenery. Do you happen to have them?

Khao: Hmm, I might have them somewhere. I'll need to search for them though.

First: Really? That would be awesome! Let me know if you find them.

[They arrived at Khao's dormitory]

First: Well, I guess you have to go back now. Thanks for offering to look for those photos.

Khao: No problem. I'll keep you posted. Take care, and see you soon!