Interlude I: Sweet Like Caramel

Start from the beginning

I was truly happy for my sister. Despite our banter, I did wish the best for her in life.

Of course, as her brother, I have to mess with her one way or another. I wouldn't stop teasing her while they were boyfriend and girlfriend, and I wouldn't stop even after marriage.

I still recall the speech I had formulated as the best man. I did a greeting, and introduced myself as the best man of my brother-in-law and also the brother of my sister. I congratulated both of them. My speech was genuine from start to finish. I still had the role of being her brother so I made some jokes. "Did my sister blackmail you into marrying her? It's ok if she did, you can tell us." Brothers must do what brothers are best with after all, embarrassing and messing with their sibling.

"The problem doesn't matter." I watched as Caramel didn't look bothered by what my past self said. "I'll teach you as we dance."

"Ah...you're too kind and sweet to me." My old self smiled with joy.

"I guess you can say I'm sweet like Caramel~" Caramel grabbed my old self's hands, moving her body closer as the two of them stared at one another. "Come on, I'll show you the steps and see if you can follow my lead."

I find myself cringing at the secondhand embarrassment from watching my old self occasionally mess up his footing and stumble around. I had to look away from this. I curse my memory for allowing me to not forget this embarrassing moment.

It's like when you're minding your business and out of nowhere you recall a cringe moment of your past that you wanted to forget but it hits you out of nowhere.

God...or whatever higher being out there...please stop making me watch this cringe.

"You're not really good at this, aren't you?"

"I've never danced once in my life, give me a break..."

"Hehe~ Hey! It's alright if you're bad." I found myself turning back to the scene. Caramel laughs at my old self's horrible dancing yet I can see that my old self looks on with a sad face. If I remember, I was sad because of how bad my skills were that I wanted to kill myself. "Practice makes perfect. Let's continue trying here on the dance floor until you get a better understanding, okay?" Caramel placed her hand gently on my old self's face as they stopped moving around.

I find my heart skyrocket. It was not at the scene in front of me, but because just as Caramel touched my old self's cheek...

I felt as if my face was feeling the touch of her hand.

My old self blushed at her action but he didn't seem to hate it. "Ha...you know how to take my breath away." My old self sighed heavily. "To think we've only started dating during the start of the first semester and we're already acting like this together."

"Well, we did meet during our freshman year of university. We were friends and now we're boyfriend and girlfriend as Juniors. One more year and we'll be graduating."

"Yeah... I can't believe how quickly these past two years have gone by."

I watched as the two had their moment. On the dance floor, my old self was still being taught by Caramel. It was a process of trial and error. Despite failing, the two of them were having a great time.