Chapter 5

He clenches his hand multiple times as he sits on the bed of his "empty room". It's not his room per se, it's the staff room of the pharmacy. The place was cleaned up. It was one of the first few places he decided to clean before he got started with the others.

The place had two cabinets and a sink followed by a wall cabinet. There was also a large table in the center of the room. A surprise that the staff room wasn't destroyed. When he got there, it seemed like only whatever was inside the cabinets was taken followed by a few chairs which were thrashed as they were all around on the ground.

He cleaned up, sweeping off any dust, and cleaning and sanitizing the cabinets. It was a surprise to see the sink worked as well.

The bed for the staff room was something he bought himself when he went out to the city to buy supplies. Many things were bought. A lot of money was wasted. Luckily he didn't leave his home without a bit of help. It's all thanks to that woman. She gave him some money for his travels as a way to help him.

After all, the first mistake of leaving from home is bringing no money with you. Besides her help, he also did a lot of quick jobs. Shops, restaurants, becoming a fisherman...whoever would hire depending on his age. He worked many jobs and he had experience and knowledge to back it up. Even some more dangerous ones.

"Risking your life just for some extra money. Honestly you're quite brave knowing your life is on the line yet here you are regardless. What a big boy~"

His eye twitched as he recalled a certain Sarkaz mercenary he did not get along with. She liked teasing him and treating him like a kid. He may have been a kid but he'll have her know he is mentally an adult. Of course, he couldn't say that because she would tease him even more. And telling her that he was an adult in a past life that happened to reincarnate will make him look and sound crazy.

At least my mercenary days are over now. He shuddered as he didn't have to deal with that... vile woman.

It's been about two weeks now since project restoration was in phase.

The first day was writing down all the things that may need repairs. Floor tiles, walls, windows. He also bought a lot of paint to repaint the entire pharmacy followed by a lot of furniture.

The next few days were hell. Abridging twenty hours a day working and working with having only four hours of sleep before waking himself up and repeating. Of course, he still made sure to eat and do other daily necessities beforehand.

Sweeping, replacing tiles, windows, and furniture...mopping...painting...etc... His eyes had black bags under them showing how sleep-deprived and exhausted he is. They're just like the woman who raised him in this world.

His skin is paler than it already is. Lack of sleep, overworking, and low blood. He gets up from his bed, grabs his cane, and walks over to the table. He had four wooden boxes. Each box contained twenty-five elixirs in a five-by-five format. The fourth box was finished today while the other three were finished in separate days. Another reason for his exhaustion. He's been working while being on low blood levels. He has twelve more boxes which are for the pharmacy. A lot will be needed for his pharmacy when he starts getting into business. He doesn't expect to burn through the elixirs quickly. Regardless he made a lot over two weeks in case. He can always make more should he run. He can close down the pharmacy for a few days and reopen when he finished making enough.

Playing it safe he used Blood Collection Equipment to extract blood on a safer surface. Instead of inflicting any big wounds that would hinder his working conditions on renovating the pharmacy, he decided on something that leaves hardly but a scratch.

Each elixir contained 100ml.

It's a good thing I'm not home anymore... I would get scolded and get in trouble. A small smile of amusement entered his face as he thought back to home. He might cause a lot of heart attacks if they have seen how reckless he's been. He scratched the back of his head as he stared down at the elixirs. Now that he has Patriot's first batch. He supposes he should go visit them. At the same time, he has an idea as well.