Chapter 6

*Huff* *Huff*

Trudging through the snow plains, he carried four wooden boxes in his hands, hoping he could find Patriot's group. It's a pain in the ass that he doesn't know their direct location. Although he's in no rush, he prefers to find them immediately.

He ate at a local restaurant some breakfast. He found out he had been unconscious for two days when noticing the nearby calendar while he was eating. It's disappointing how much time he wasted being out cold.

He is just glad that he wasn't out for too long. He wants to get started on his business after all. But it's not really a business if he's not gaining profit in the end. Nevertheless, profit isn't his goal. It's entrusting that people get the treatment they deserve.

Even as he uses "detection". A skill which he dubbed it as. He can't sense any nearby Arts being used or the souls of others due to not being at a certain distance. He does hope that nothing bad happens to his "temporary home". The abandoned pharmacy that he took the liberty of reworking was located on what he can consider an empty street.

Oddly, there's no one in the part of the city where he is at. Occasionally a few civilians would pass by but that was pretty much it. Even though part of the city area is abandoned, it's still important to not let anything bad happen to his clinic. All that time spent just for something bad to happen will be an annoyance.

I'm getting signals. He blinked as he sensed Arts that was being used quite far away. He's unsure of what's transpiring but the numbers of souls he's seeing are quite large alongside the magic that is being released is a lot. The people seem to be targeting one another. A battle is going on then. He easily concluded as he gripped the boxes in his hand and headed toward the battle zone with haste.

Patriot's group and the Ursus Empire are enemies. They find themselves fighting against one another if I remember correctly. Patriot's group seems decent from what I've experienced so far. Prejudicial issues aside, I cannot fault them. As long as they are on good terms with me and I don't see anything I dislike, then I will work with them. However...should their group not be to my liking...

Stopping his thought process, he neared the zone as the sound of a battle transpiring entered his ears. He looked down from a high viewpoint as he saw Patriot's group and the Ursus soldiers combatting against one another. Placing the boxes down next to him he watched as his presence went unnoticed.

"It seems like the children aren't fighting..." He adjusted his glasses as he observed the battle. From the battle that is going on, none of the children of Patriot's group are fighting, it seems only like his men are in the fight. This world is horrible, he has seen young children fighting over the years he's been here in Terra. Even when he was working with the Sarkaz mercenaries, he recalled seeing young children of his age also there. "Me and my morals..." He muttered to nobody but himself as he shook his head.

"Warbeast..." He muttered as he saw what the Ursus empire had on their side. The beast that he saw reminded him of a mechanical dog. He watched how agile the beasts were and how they attacked. "Trained beast to use as weapons and massacre the enemy." He widened his eyes as one of the beasts lunged at one of Patriot's men with its mouth wide open, chomping on the man's leg as a yell escaped him. The man fell to the ground as pain erupted through his leg which bled vigorously.

The man could only close his eyes as he brought his forearm in front of his face that the Ursus Mangler was planning to tear to pieces as an act of instinct. The Ursus Mangler let out a ferocious snarl with its bloody mouth and launched itself at the man.

*ZAP*

Like a superhero arriving late to the battlefield in shows and movies, he decided to make his presence noticed by everyone as he shot an arrow of lightning that ruptured once hitting the enemy. A pillar of lightning caused everyone on the battlefield to stop and look at the sudden move as the Ursus Mangler lay on the ground completely unconscious while its body was steaming.