Chapter 8

He was seen inspecting the cut above the stranger's head. Just another one of the man's injuries that he was about to heal. "From the looks of how the cut on your scalp is, you were hit with a blunt object. I can only guess you were hit with a bottle?" He asked for confirmation which received a nod who had told him how he had received it from an angry drunk that attacked him. "Well, the cut won't be hurting anymore. Like your other injuries, it'll be gone." He applied his elixir on the man's scalp where the deep cut was and saw the man wince at the liquid that landed on the cut. However, as quickly as the elixir poured, the hissing pain that the man had felt disappeared quickly. The closed wound was gone. "Please go ahead and tell the next person to come in on your way." He gave the man a warm smile while closing his eyes.

The Ursi's ears twitched with gratitude as he found himself feeling blessed. "Thank you. Thank you." He expressed his gratitude toward the masked Doctor who had treated all his injuries. The Doctor had all but waved with his gloved hand. The Ursi civilian could tell the Doctor was smiling beneath the mask with the way the muscles on his face were raised a bit.

F/N watched the man leave and close the door on his way out. It's been two hours into the entire operation of his. He was glad he had arrived back at the clinic as quickly as he did because a few minutes would pass by and countless Ursi civilians would be flocking to the clinic. He had waited behind the counter like he originally did and made sure to flip the sign to show that the place was open. He didn't bother looking out the window even when he sensed many civilians outside. He could practically feel their stares digging into his very being while he was flipping through his journal playing innocent so that it didn't look like he was desperate for patients.

Perhaps they were also captivated by his complexion. After all, they never saw how he looked under his hood. But truthfully, they must have not expected such a young face. Even though his voice gave it away that he was far from being old. He was a young adult at best.

With courage, there was not just one person who went into the clinic to speak but instead, a flock who had come for his aid. They all asked if he was being truthful about what he had last told them, which was about helping even the infected and of the rumors spreading about how he is not charging for his services.

He had answered their questions with confirmation. He had told them that he was being truthful when he was speaking to the man he had healed followed by everyone else who didn't believe a single word that came out of his mouth. He had told them that just as the rumor spread, he would not be charging.

His thoughts of the events that led to this point were cut off at the sound of the door clicking. He looked at the elixir in his hand which was still far from emptying. So far he had wasted about fifty bottles in these past two hours.

The population of infected without any medical care was just as I expected. Of course, none of them would get treatment here in the city. If news spreads about a hospital, clinic, or even pharmacy helping an infected, then the majority of the public and even the government will harass them.

Fear of association is a big motive for why they would not help. He could not blame them for their selfishness in regard. Especially given that helping might get you killed in this world.

"Thank you for waiting patiently." He told his patient who had entered his office and sat down on the hospital bed while he was in thought for a few seconds. "Sorry about that. I was having a bit of an internal monologue and a few lingering thoughts."

"...Can your medicine truly heal anything?" The stranger had asked him.

"My medicine has its limits. It can heal just about anything. The only thing that it cannot heal as I've told everyone is broken bones. Those must heal naturally." He had told his patient. "What I'm about to ask you is something that you can answer if you wish. I've asked my previous patients the same thing and some were willing to answer while others refused due to the question being too personal. Now then, your bandages are noticeable. How did you receive your injury? And yes, this is the question I've asked everyone beforehand." He had told her.