10.

ATL | THE BDAY PREP

"Look what I did." Dasia said, showing off an empty drawer in her dresser. It had been two months and her and Keem were going strong. He would pick her up from practice, they would go out on dates after her games or whenever they were both free, and he spent the night at her dorm often.

Which is why Dasia decided to give him a drawer. She picked up a basket from the ground that contained some boxers, a toothbrush, some sweats, and a t shirt, and then handed it to him.

"This for when you spend the night, so you can be comfortable and allat." she said to him. Keem wasn't used to stuff like this, he tried not to compare the two, but Kalia never did anything like that. It made him appreciate Dasia even more.

Any chance he got, he would show her in his own little ways. Getting her food, paying for her hair and nails, working out with her, or whatever else she wanted. Dasia made Keem feel different than he'd ever had with any other girl, they relationship was so genuine and effortless. He felt like he could put his guard down around her.

"I 'preciate you, Dai. Come here." He said, pulling her into a hug then grabbing her butt.

"Move," she laughed, pushing him away. "You get on my nerves so bad."

"You ever found out what you was gon do for yo birthday?" Keem asked Dasia, as they cuddled on the bed together

"Yea, I was prolly just gon get cute and get a lil section at Cru assum."

"Well, Ima take you out to eat before all dat. So don't plan nothing round like 5-6 o clock."

Her birthday was in a few days, so they were discussing what she was going to do and the preparations for it. She was showing him her hair, nail, and outfit ideas and he was sending her the money to book the appointments. 

"Aight, get ready. Ima take you to the mall so we can get you some outfits," Keem said grabbing his keys, "Ima be in the car rolling up."

Dasia quickly got ready, putting her hair into a messy bun and throwing on a bodysuit and her sneakers. She had a day jampacked with appointments, so she wanted to make sure she was comfortable. Once she had finished getting ready, she went downstairs to Keem's car and got inside. He fyed up the blunt as soon as she closed the door.

♫ The way you make me feel these days

Somethin' gettin' dropped for you, baby girl
Smoke a nigga top for you, baby girl
Burn somebody block for you..♫

Spin Bout U by 21 Savage played as they pulled up to the mall. Keem got out first, then walked around to Dasia's side to help her out. He held her waist as they walked in together and walked around various stores shopping.

"Okay, what about this? Do I look fat or snatched," Dasia said as she jokingly sucked her stomach in. She was trying on the outfits she picked out and showing Keem in the dressing room.

"Girl, y'know yo ass look good," he laughed. "You be playin."

"Forreal bay," she said, leaning in wrapping her arms around his neck and planting a kiss on his lips.

"Hell yea," he said grabbing her waist, but they quickly separated so that they didn't get too carried away in public. She put back the items she didn't want and took the ones she did to the register. Dasia and Keem continued walking through the mall, the number of bags Keem carried grew more and more as time went on.

"I'm slick hungry." Dasia said eventually. The mall had a food court, so they walked in that direction to order some food. After looking at the selection of restaurants, they decided they wanted Chipotle and got in that line.

"Hey Keem." Some girl wearing a Chick-fil-A uniform said as she approached the couple. Dasia looked around, feeling like this must be a prank.

"Who dafuq is this." she asked Keem.

"I swear to god, Ion know this girl." He pleaded.

"My name Bri baby, but youn gotta worry bout me. Have fun wit Kalia leftovers while it lasts, she gon snatch him back up soon."

At this point, Keem realized exactly who this was. He had forgot all about what Jah had told him a while back. The girls were the least of his worries, they was gon get taken care of eventually. But it was too late for him to intervene, he could see Dasia was already far past calming down.

"Bitch!" she said slapping the girl. She fell back a little bit, but then straightened back up. The girl tried to reach for Dasia's hair but she couldn't get to it, cause she kept catching Dasia's punches to the face. She grabbed hold of her arm, scratching her, which caused Dasia to swing her into a table. Bri hit the table, then the floor and Dasia followed her to the ground, attempting to sit on her, while continuing to beat the girl. At this point, Keem snatched her up.

"Get da fuck off me," Dasia said pulling herself away from Keem. He chased her but didn't attempt to say anything else or grab her again to avoid causing a scene as she stormed out the mall. Dasia knew he was behind her, so she just kept walking all the way to his car.

She continued not to speak to him, until he unlocked the car doors and they got inside.

"Take me home."

"Dasia-"

"Hakeem, take me da fuck home! Got yo lil groupies stalking me on some weird shit. Ion know what da fuck going on and Ion like that shit. I want to go home."

"First off, I don't know her. She related to my ex-"

Dasia threw her hands up in the air, "Oh yes, that makes it so much better."

"Let me finish, damn. I'm tryna be honest witchu,"

Dasia rolled her eyes and remained quiet, signaling for him to continue speaking.

"Ion know why she walked up to you and said that, but I promise Ion talk to that bitch no more. On god."

She couldn't be mad at what he was saying, he didn't exactly do anything wrong and he didn't have to elaborate to reassure her. So, she forgave him but she didn't make it known instantly.

"I guess.. I just can't believe her ass tried me like that."

"Yeah, you beat dat bitch ass. Ian expect dat out chu."

"Yes, please don't try me or you will be next da fuck."

Her remark made Keem laugh, "Forreal though, are you okay?" He asked glancing over her.

"Yes, all that ho did was scratch me." Dasia said as she looked down at her phone, "And now I gotta eat some bullshit, because I'm not gon have time to go all the way to another chipotle before my appointment."

"I'm sorry, baby." Keem replied as he kissed her on the cheek, "Ima make it up to you."

"Thanks bay, everything not your fault tho. I appreciate you for doing all this in the first place."

Keem took Dasia took get something to eat and then to her appointments. He felt really bad about what had happened with her and Kalia's cousin, but he decided not to say anything to her because he knew how she was. Just speaking to Keem would've made Kalia feel like she had one up on Dasia and he didn't want to put her in that position. Bri got her ass beat anyway.