08.

ATL | MORNING AFTER

Hakeem Richards

"Keem. KEEM!"

He jumped as he was shaken awake, his eyes widened when he seen he was still in the bed with Dasia. I spent the night? My ass trippin. He arose from the bed, stretching and took a QUICK minute to gather his belongings. It wasn't like Keem to leave himself in such a vulnerable position. He heard Dasia scurrying around trying to hurry and get ready.

"Aight Dasia," he said, as he gave her a quick side hug and let himself out. He headed to his car and drove home. If it was up to him, he would've still been sleep right now. He pulled into his driveway and walked inside.

"Hakeem Darius Richards." Carena announced, while sitting on the couch with her arms folded. "Where was you at all night, I was worried sick about you."

"Ma, you questioning me like I'm not grown." Keem replied with a slight mug on his face. While his sleep deprivation was responsible for most of his attitude, his mother did often treat him this way and it irritated him. It was nothing inherently wrong with it, but with Keem being the one that paid the house off, bought the cars in the driveway, and paying majority of the bills in general, it didn't work.

Carena was aware of this downside of him stepping up. When it came to her trying to reform Keem, she couldn't do it. He respected her and made sure she was very well taken care of, but she couldn't baby him like Jah. Nonetheless, hearing his response made her stiffen even more. She stood up.

"Ion give a fuck that you grown, I'm still your mother. You got yo lil money and that's good but I'm still responsible for your well being till the day I die. That's MY responsibility." She shouted, she got a little emotional. Hakeem was just like his father and that worried her, because she knows it's only two ways he'd end up if he stayed in the game too long. Dead or in jail.

Keem saw his mom's reaction and the emotion on her face and that's when he'd realized what he said.

"You right, ma. My bad, I ain't mean to say allat. My ass just tired forreal." He responded in an attempt to clean things up. He walked over and gave her a hug.

"Youn gotta worry bout me ma, I always stay strapped."

Carena laughed, as she pulled away. "Boy, gone. I hope you ain't back wit Kalia, that lil girl gon try 'n trap yo ass one day"

"Na, I was wit somebody else." He said trying to hurry upstairs to avoid the rest of the conversation. He went to his room and grabbed some boxers, Nike sweats, and a wife beater. After that, he got into the shower and brushed his teeth. He then hopped back in the bed to resume his slumber.

- a few hours later -

♫ I know they don't like me

They scared to come try me
You try me, I got it
You know that I got it