Feldcroft

Poppy's snoring awoke Olive the next morning, reminding her why she chose to sleep in the Room of Requirement lately. Her head thumped lightly as she sat up, a parting gift from the punch she drank in the Slytherin common room last night. She grabbed a wiggenweld potion out of her bedside table to help take the edge off her headache. Leaving the comfort of her bed, she managed to make her way to the bathroom to wash up only to see she was still in her costume from the party, no wonder she felt so gross.

She washed up twice for good measure, but still felt the aftereffects of firewhisky. She had dark circles under her eyes, her skin looked dull, and her throat felt raw, most likely from the burning brew. Getting dressed in her robes she made her way up to the great hall for breakfast as her stomach made its presence known.

The hall was quiet compared to its usual sound of chatter. Seemed most of the student body was having more difficulty than her getting up this morning. She sat at the Hufflepuff table and put a few items on her plate to curb the light nausea she was feeling. She took her time eating and more students slowly trickled in, looking far worse than she did.

She almost didn't recognize Poppy as she sat down across from her, her hair was in tangles and her glittery eyeshadow was smudged on her face. Olive offered a reassuring smile to her friend as she began to fill her goblet with pumpkin juice.

"I feel like I got dragged through the beast pens. I look ridiculous, don't I?" Poppy questioned.

"No, not at all- "

"Wow Sweeting, you look awful." Imelda quipped as she plopped down next to Olive. Poppy groaned and held her face in her hands. Imelda turned to her and looked up and down "You look much better than I thought."

"Why don't you sit with your own house?" Poppy said flatly.

"They're all still asleep after last night, party went on well into the morning. Besides, why wouldn't I sit with the best Hufflepuffs I know."

"We're the only Hufflepuffs you know." Poppy pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Exactly, hence the best, can't believe I have to explain that to you." Imelda looked hardly affected by the events of last night as she piled breakfast potatoes into her mouth. "You both can't deny that was the wickedest party, surely everyone will be talking about it the whole year."

Olive and Poppy hummed in agreement as the three began to eat silently, just enjoying each other's company. In truth Olive couldn't remember much from last night, small pieces flashed in her mind if she focused hard enough. She remembered almost hexing Garreth, Ominis as a mermaid, Imelda crushing the Gryffindors in drinking games, Poppy running wildly away from her and Natty to the greenhouses to "Become one with the Mandrakes" as Natty tried to corral them back to the common room. She remembered Sebastian and feeling a slight sting of sadness when she saw him, but she couldn't figure out why, it must have been the firewhisky messing with her emotions, so she decided to think nothing of it.

Natty joined the table just as an owl dropped a letter into her lap.

Ollie,

Hope you're feeling alright after last night's party. Fancy a trip to Feldcroft to meet Anne? Figured I'd take you up on your offer to visit, I know Anne would love to meet you and I would appreciate the company. Meet me there around noon.

Sebastian

"Is that from a particular Slytherin boy?" Poppy raised her eyebrows.

"Who? Sebastian? Yeah, he's invited me to meet his sister today." Olive shrugged her shoulders and finished her plate.

"Hmm, you two spend a lot of time together lately." Natty said with a light tone.

"I mean yeah, we're friends."