17: Rising Tension

As the domain shattered Jogo's head came out rolling. With no body attached to itself he could helplessly stay put on the grassy ground as Kazuki came up to him. Squeezing his head put with his foot.

"So, mind telling me who sent you here?"

Saying nothing the curse remained wide eyed with a stunned look. A million thoughts racing across his empty volcanic head as he tried to make sense of what had occurred prior.

'Ridiculous...there shouldn't be anyone in the world who should be able to hold such a absurd technique in their domain. It just isn't...fair!'

He thought to himself, his singular eye shifting to glance up at Kazuki who remained cool and composed as he waited for an answer.

'He's supposed to be second to Gojo-sensei in terms of jujutsu sorcery...if Kazu-sensei is on this level of power I don't wanna imagine what the strongest can do.'

Patting himself Itadori confirms with himself that he is indeed not dreaming, that the reality before him was the one true reality. With a sigh of relief he shivered at the thought.

'It felt like an endless dream, but it was too real to be one aswell. I don't understand it at all.'

"kaleidoscopes hurt my eyes...jeez. I think I'm gonna sit down Kazu-sensei."

~~~

"Yikes! Do you think we should save him, Hanami?" The imposter Geto spoke to the curse beside him as it merely grunted. Turning his eye he gives a smile as he placed a fist under his chin.

"I can't afford to be seen by anyone at Jujutsu-tech. So this is where I head out. If you wish to help him, help him. I don't know if you cursed spirits are capable of expressing emotion regardless."

Uttering an incomprehensible sentence Hanami replied back to Geto, making its way toward its fellow curse in order to save him.

"Talking big...know your fucking place, cursed spirit."

~~~

"You were so talkative earlier, I wonder where all that shit talking bravado went. Who are you looking for anyway? I doubt an intelligent curse like yourself is recklessly attacking for no reason"

"I didn't know curses could talk..." Yuji looked curiously at Jogo before a large wooden spear landed beside them. Turning the dirt ground into a lush patch of flowers.

'Now what...'

'Flowers!'

Smacking Yuji on the face he got him out of the dazed state he was in. Hanami swooping in grabbing Jogo's head as they ran away in an instant. Not bothering to confront the sorcerer in vengeance.

The tree like spear shifted and formed into a monster like wooden curse. Going toward Itadori as it began to attack him.

"I'm fine sensei go after them—nevermind I need help!"

In a swift movement the curse was destroyed leaving it to be reduced to a bundle of splinters. Kazuki destroying its shape with a single punch as he returned to looking around for the cursed presence.

"Tch...it got away. It erased its presence too. I think it knew I'd track them."

"I'm sorry they got away cause of me sensei!"