14: Ryomen Sukuna

"A thermometer shed?! You're telling me someone kept a special grade cursed object in a place like that?" A black haired male spoke in disbelief as he held the phone to his ear. An annoyed expression plastered across his face.

"Ha-Ha, retrieving it should be no problem then!" The annoying voice from the other end tried to reassure.

"There's nothing even here!"

"Eh...?"

"The shed is empty."

"For real? That's hilarious!"

"I'm gonna punch you for real this this time you hag!"

"Wha—you know what, no going home until it's recovered!"

"Make sure to be home in time for dinner Megumi!" Another voice jumped in from the other side of the line as he hung up, his eyebrow twitching in slight anger.

"Those two are no help at all."

~~~

"Yuji...I have some final words for you."

Wasuke Itadori spoke in a raspy and dry tone as he looked at his grandson who replaced the flowers in a vase nearby, a look of disinterest evident on the young boys face as his grandfather spoke on a topic he didn't want answers to.

"It's about your parents—"

"Stop, I don't care!"

"It's about...your parents!"

"Like I said, I don't care grandpa. Will you stop tryna look all cool before you die?" Yuji replied with a roll of sweat dropping from his cheek.

"Y-You brat! Don't you understand that a man just wants to go out in style?!"

Placing the vase of flowers near the window Wasuke stared annoyed at the only family member who was present to attend his final moments on earth. With a sigh he scolded him for his spending habits.

"Quit buying flowers all the time. A kid your age should be saving money for the future!"

"They're not for you, they're for the nurses." Yuji deadpanned aggravating the old man even more.

"That's an even better reason to stop spending your money! Agh— Anyway how's your after school club. Don't go wasting your time in such a depressing place like this."

"My club finishes before five I wouldn't come here if I wasn't so bored!"

Turning to face away his grandpa spoke some last bit of advice. Turning his attention to him Yuji gazed at his turned head and listened.

"Yuji."

"Yeah?"

"You're a strong kid, so help people. It doesn't have to be all the time, you may even feel lost but don't expect gratitude. Just help people."

"And when it's your time to go too make sure you're surrounded by others...don't end up like me."

A silence filled the room as he stopped speaking with one last final breathe.

"Grandpa?"