9~A Facade

Salvatore- Lana Del Rey
__________

"Sometimes the mask you act in gets tattooed inside of you."
__________

"What are you going to order?" A casually dressed Alonzo questioned me. I rolled my eyes, not even believing that we were in a fancy restaurant dressed in casual clothing which we had been up the hill with.

The restaurant was beautiful. Caramel walls,  round wood tables with candles placed in the middle of them, and each table with a faint light over them, highlighting the features of the one sitting in front of you.

"Whatever you want, for fuck's sake." I murmured annoyed.

He just stared at me, emotionless like always, and leaned back on his chair. He slightly looked down at the menu, placed it on the table and crossed his arms. His eyes captured mine once again.

"Whatever I want?" He asked, almost sounding bored, but now I knew that everything he said sounded the same. Same tone, same eyes, same emotions.

No change.

"Yes." I responded to his question in a high-pitched voice. Oh, how I desired to act the same. To sound the same. To show that I, also had power. That I, could also end him. I knew he thought highly of himself being the don of the Italian mafia. But what would he think if the famous killer who has killed old and young, strong and weak, who probably has killed even in his order was the woman in front of him?

"I could want many things amore, but not all of them could become reality." He stared at me, waiting for a reaction.

Or just simply trying to tell me he wanted more, but I just got up and entered the car, slamming the door shut.

"Well thank god you aren't the one making the food on the menu reality. The cook is." I responded, almost looking as bored as him.

A camera flash.

I froze.

An other.

"Oh, so this is why you chose this restaurant, huh?" I laughed ironically. "You wanted us to look together. You wanted the word to see we did activities together, hm? Is that it?" I stared at him bitterly, almost like I, was betrayed. All of it an act to show I cared.

He on the other hand just shook his head and stared at me.

"We are going to do a public wedding after all. Why not show the world a glimpse of us before the wedding?" I tilted my head right, keeping his stare.

A glimpse of us. I could almost laugh. There was no us. There would never be. Only acting. Only a cat and mouse duet, but the problem was there was no mouse. It just simply acted like one.

"You are right. A glimpse of us." I smiled and the action didn't reach my eyes. "And what could we possibly show these cameras?" He stared at me, and I swear for a moment his mouth almost formed a curve. Almost.

"I don't know. What do couples do?" He questioned me back.

I smiled. He wanted me to kiss him? Good. Because I'd make him believe I was. I placed my elbows on the table, eyeing him up and down seducively. On the act, it was an excuse to check his figure. The cameras flashing replacing the faint light falling on his physique. I told him with my eyes to come closer, and he did, placing a hand under my chin, and I acted like I took a breath in, or really did for the heat I was gaining from the act.

He tilted my head up, and I stared into his eyes, staring at me with the same heat which reflected mine.

Flash.