It was like the power itself had a mind of its own, it stopped when it knew the danger had been dealt with.

I folded my fingers slightly in tension as I looked at the pretty and slender finger laying clean on the table. It looked like it belonged to a woman.

"I did it," I whispered as a subtle smile appeared on my face, but before I got to celebrate, my world spun. Everything felt like it was spinning, my body fell and my mind went blank.

***

>>Hael

I carried her in my arms towards the bed. She fainted right after using her power and I barely got to her before she hit her head on the floor.

I put her on the bed, softly laying her down, then covered her with a blanket. As I stood by the bedside I looked at her.

It seems her mana core is too weak. She barely had any mana for magic, so it's a given she'd have any for holy power.

I folded my arms as I stared at her

There are two solutions to this and we can only go with one. Having her increase her tolerance with practice is the only solution we have in our hands.

The other one...

I looked outside the window, there was a full moon tonight. I closed my eyes and looked away.

We'll just go with this one for now

***

>>Amber

I opened my eyes and found myself in my room, on the third floor of the cafe

Hmmm?

Sitting up, I looked around in confusion. How did I get here? Didn't I faint in Hael's lab?

Did he send me back?

I blinked the drowsiness away, then got up to freshen up.

After I was completely awake, I went down and found the cafe as lively as ever which made me smile

"Boss!!" Aira noticed me, "You're back?"

"Boss!" Cory glanced at me and smiled but since she was delivering an order to a table she continued her work.

I smiled at her and went and sat down on the counter stools, "Yes," I'm not sure why Hael sent me back but I like that I'm here.

"Get me something to eat, Aira," I felt extremely hungry. Must be because I spent the whole day practicing. It's not like Hael didn't offer me food, I was just too nervous to eat at that time and right after actually managing to use my holy power, I fainted.

"Sure thing!" She went to the kitchen

But this time though, I seemed to have been out only for the night, it's not much different from normal sleeping. But then again, I only healed a single finger.

"Boss!" Cory came over once she was done serving her table, "How are you feeling?"

I nodded at her, "Good," And then I remembered something. I glanced around, "Um, Cory," I gestured her to lean in towards me and that's what she did, "What happened with Ahin?"

Cory clicked her tongue as she moved away slightly, "What do you expect boss..." She looked at me with a disappointed face, "The poor guy was so embarrassed."

I closed my eyes, "Shit,"

"I know," She nodded, "You have a lot to make up for," She leaned in again, "And how the hell did you disappear at that exact time?"

I looked at her face with a worn-out expression, "I haven't figured that out either." I sighed and leaned back, "There are too many things on my mind," I shook my head, "I need food before I get to anything else."

"Well," Cory nodded, "At least you won't have those damn runts making fun of your limp now."

"What?"

"You know, that brat Nim, he won't be coming here for a while."

"Why? What happened to him?" I asked

"Of course, you won't know?" Cory snorted, "He slipped on the road and broke his leg."

My eyes went wide, "What?! How?!"

"Who cares how, that brat was annoying. He deserved that injury."

"Hmmm," I can't deny that it is a little satisfying

Who's gonna be a little cripple now, brat?! Hahaha

The entrance door opened and the bell jingled along with it catching Cory and my attention. I turned to look at the person who just entered the cafe. "Um," A soft voice made its way to us.

Hmm?

It was someone I wasn't expecting.

"Oh!" She saw me, and an awkward smile came over her face, "Hi," She waved at me nervously. It was that same redhead woman I had met at the palace, right after I left the game show.

"Hi," I waved back at her, "Come in," I told her, "Take a seat, please," But she shook her head.

"Is it alright, if we can talk," She had a very sweet voice, "Alone?"

I pointed at myself, "With me?"

She nodded, "Yes,"

***

It wasn't like the thought hadn't crossed my mind. I wasn't completely oblivious to that. On that note, I'm sure all the people around me must have noticed too.

I looked at Maira while she stared back at me. Both of us stood in the corner of a small playground for kids.

But now that someone had said this to my face, I felt like a hypocrite.

"I don't mean to burden you or anything," Maira said, "I just wanted to clear things out," Her gaze dropped, "That's all,"

"I understand," I told her, "I can have some time right?"

"O-oh! Yes, of course! You can take as much time as you need, just," She fiddled with her thumbs, "I just want you to be very clear about it."

I nodded at her, "I will-" An alarm blared in the sky, alerting both of us.

"W-what is that?" She looked in the sky. The crows, flocks and flocks of them were flying away.

"I don't know," It was an alarm neither of us recognized but it was loud. I could tell the whole city could hear it. It sounded like a war siren or something used to alert about enemies.

My eyes went wide

"Wait," I said, "Are we under attack?"

"What?" She looked at me in horror, "Under attack? From who? Why?!"

And right after that question we heard screams coming from all directions.