Chapter 18

⚠️ WARNING : This Chapter contains scenes of violence and gore that might trigger some of you all. Read at your own risk !

Vote (STAR) and comment it will make my day :)

Salvatore, looking dashing in his attire, leans against the wall with a casual grace. "Let me take you home," he says, his voice carrying a hint of warmth and sincerity.

Closing the door behind me, I catch sight of the movers unloading luggage at the neighboring house. "So, Mr. Salvatore didn't go to the company?" I tease, a playful smirk dancing on my lips.

He returns my jest with a smile, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "I'm still on vacation after getting married," he explains, reaching out to offer assistance with my bag. "Such a comfortable CEO," I remark, a touch of teasing evident in my tone.

A/N: Salvy don't lie now!

As he takes hold of my tote bag, we step out onto the sidewalk together, heading towards the pharmacy. "Then it's because I'm the CEO," he quips in response to my comment.

"Ah, as an ordinary worker, seeing the shameless CEO like this is a bit annoying," I jest, one hand casually resting against my side.

His laughter fills the air, a rich and hearty sound that resonates with genuine joy. The tranquil road, typically a solitary journey to the pharmacy, now finds us walking side by side. It's an ordinary day, much like any other, yet the presence of Salvatore beside me imbues it with an unfamiliar sense of companionship, lending an air of novelty to the routine.

Dr. Lily's eyes flicker between Salvatore and me, curiosity dancing in their depths as she ponders our connection. As I step through the door, my cheeks tinged with a rosy hue of embarrassment, Lily greets me with a flustered but delighted expression.

"Dr. Lily, hello," I manage, my voice soft and tinged with bashfulness.

"Yes, yes," Lily responds, her words slightly breathless as she gazes at Salvatore. "Today, I came early," she adds, attempting to regain her composure.

Salvatore offers a gentle, almost mischievous smile in response, his charm evident even in his silence.

Leaning in close, Lily whispers in my ear, her voice laced with intrigue, "Seems like I've seen him somewhere many times... Is he someone you know or your boyfriend?"

Caught off guard, I chuckle nervously, only to feel Salvatore's reassuring grip on my shoulder. "I've heard this phrase many times, but I'm not her boyfriend," he interjects with a hint of amusement. "I am her husband," he declares firmly, his words carrying a sense of pride.

My smile widens at Salvatore's assertion, my heart fluttering with a mixture of emotions.

Lily's reaction is priceless; she claps a hand over her mouth, cheeks flushed with pink as she exclaims, "OMG! Come in and have a cup of coffee and then go. I got to know Dr. Valentina got married in such a short time, so I was very worried, but I didn't expect her husband to be so handsome," she says, her words tumbling out in a rush as she hands Salvatore a cup of coffee.

"Thanks," Salvatore replies graciously as he accepts the coffee, his presence adding a touch of warmth and charm to the room.

"How tall are you? Are you really not her boyfriend? What do you do for a living? Today is a weekday; why didn't you go to work today? Is your house nearby?" Dr. Lily fires off questions like rapid bullets, her curiosity palpable as Salvatore settles into the waiting chair.

"Dr. Lily," I interject, my tone gently chiding, silently pleading for her to ease up on the interrogation.

"I talk too much, right?" Lily says, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she glances at me for reassurance.