Chapter 14

VOTE AND COMMENT!

⚠️ WARNING : This Chapter contains scenes of domestic violence and gore that might trigger some of you all. Read at your own risk !

All the characters till now:

Romano Family                     Ricci Family
Valentina (Daughter)             Salvatore (Son)
Mateo (Eldest Son)                 Damien (Eldest Son)
Alessandro (Father)               Saintino (Father)
Rose (Mother)                           Amara (Mother)

Salvatore's unexpected declaration pierces the tense silence like a bolt of lightning, his fervor palpable as he vows, "Then I'll bow twice on her behalf." In his mind, he'd traverse the depths of hell and kneel at the feet of the gods themselves if it meant eternity by her side.

The room freezes in shock, disbelief etched on every face. My brother, my father, and I share identical expressions of incredulity, our mouths agape. "What?!" I exclaim, my voice a mix of astonishment and confusion.

As Salvatore bows before my father, offering his wishes for longevity, Alessandro's reaction is explosive. "Is this kid crazy? Who needs you again?!" he shouts, pointing accusingly.

My mind whirls with questions. What is he doing? Why? The emotions surge within me, a tumultuous storm of bewilderment and curiosity.

Salvatore's next words cut through the tension, his voice steady and resolute. "Dad, I've learned that in a relationship, even with a dagger at your throat, you stand by each other until the end. No matter what, I'll always be by her side. If my Bella says no, I won't force her, and I won't let anyone else either. We'll find our happiness together." His confident smile and clenched fists convey his unwavering determination, meeting Alessandro's gaze without flinching.

I stand there, eyes wide in awe and shock, as Salvatore's words sink in, piercing through the tension like a knife. This is the first time I've witnessed such a bold declaration.

"You...!" Alessandro's voice trembles with anger, his face flushing red with fury.

"Bastard!" he roars, his rage palpable in the air.

Dad's expression darkens, his features contorted with fury.

"Oh, really..." Matteo, my brother, sighs beside him, a mixture of resignation and disbelief in his tone.

Beside them, Mom remains speechless, her eyes fixed on Dad, trembling with apprehension. It's a scene all too familiar, yet somehow, Salvatore's unwavering determination breathes new life into the room.

"Wifey," Salvatore's voice carries a sweet affection, a tenderness that wraps around me like a warm embrace. He stands before me, offering not just his hand, but his unwavering support in this vast and daunting house. With a gentle smile and a subtle tilt of his head, he extends his hand towards me, a silent invitation to take a step forward into this new life.

For the first time, I feel the weight of someone's presence beside me, offering me a voice in this unfamiliar place. With trembling hands, I reach out, grasping onto his offered hand, finding solace in his touch, a flicker of hope amidst the uncertainty.

This moment, it's unlike any other. It's the first time I've felt truly seen, truly heard, truly understood.

"So now, let's go back," Salvatore's words break through the silence, his voice carrying a quiet resolve as we turn away from the past and step forward into the unknown, hand in hand.

As Salvatore opens the gate for me to exit, his expression betrays his concern. "You had a hard time today," he observes, his voice tinged with genuine worry, as if he feels the weight of my struggles as his own.