Chapter 6

⚠️ WARNING : This Chapter contains scenes of domestic violence and gore that might trigger some of you all. Read at your own risk !

A/N: My babies, I hope you will love this chapter also please vote and comment ...It really motivates.. you have no idea...

He said the flowers alone cost over 100 million.

Walking the red carpet alongside my father, the crowd erupted into applause—a sea of mafias, their allegiance displayed proudly. But amidst the chaos, I focused on the bouquet of white roses in my hands, a fleeting distraction from the reality surrounding me.

Half of the guests were notorious gangsters, unapologetically flaunting their power. The other half masqueraded as noble, their facades barely concealing their true intentions. Among them, my father's hand, the same hand that had struck my mother, filled me with disgust. And the hand that had once struck me, a painful memory, caused me to bite my lip as I clenched my father's hand tightly, seeking solace in his presence.

Wedding hall:

Would you have known that we would hold this hand and walk down the wedding road?

Let's not think about that.

Why is he smiling?

"I wish you well," said my dad.

"Thank you, father," said Salvatore.

"Shall we go, Bella?" he says.

"Umh," I say, looking down.

Even the moment I climbed to hold Salvatore's hand, it feels unrealistic.

"The two will marry each other and love each other for the rest of their lives? Do you swear?" says the priest.

It is the time of the vows, marriage after a long ceremony, and having my hands held by Salvatore, we say, "I do."

It was a "real marriage."

Even if we aren't a real couple.

And there were times that were more burdensome than that.

"You've become one," Salvatore's father remarks, breaking the tension.

"Now we get to eat together like this," adds Valentina's father, Alessandro.

It's a family reunion of sorts, albeit under strained circumstances.

The delay in the proceedings was due to the risk of this very reunion, a messy affair to catch up at the wedding venue before confronting them all.

"It's a marriage we came together to live... the atmosphere is bloody, like people gathered to die," Valentina muses inwardly.

"I don't resemble anyone, the son has a clear figure," Alessandro states firmly.

"Geez, even if your eyes are pouting, you can't do anything now. The person who gave birth to my son-in-law with a stomach must look like an old man passing by. Everyone is saying that it's all my business," Salvatore's father, Santino, retorts with a hint of bitterness.