"Bhai chadha rakhi hai kya? Sun bhi raha hai?" he snaps his fingers making me flinch. I nod mindlessly and make my way to go to her home, mumbling a trail of curses under my breath.

"Sala kanye west ki aulad hai kya jo mujhse itni dikkat hai?" I mumble watching him carry my lunette in his arms.

"Heard that" he shouts, approaching me with aakriti in his arms.

"And by the way, that was very insensitive of you vihaan because my parents died when I was 10" he says, lowering his voice. Fuck. That was really insensitive of me when I didn't even know anything about his parents or family. I drown more and more in guilt, lowering my gaze which was now fixated on my shoes.

"I am really sorry... I shouldn't have-" he starts laughing before I even begin to say sorry in as many ways as possible.

"It's chill dude, been years and you didn't know that" he laughs, shaking his head and goes inside with aakriti.
I head inside right after, seeing my mom and Kavita aunty finally ready with everything who were now awaiting Angad bhai and his wife's arrival with the family.

Aakriti hadn't still waken up and was resting in her room.

We heard the footsteps, and immediately double checked everything. Kavita aunty did the newly weds aarti and applied tilak on their foreheads.

"Priya beta, kick this with your right foot" aunty instructed placing a kalash full of rice in front of her.

She kicked the kalash and then placed her feet in a thaal full of aalta. Leaving her foot imprints, she entered their house while everyone had the biggest smiles on their faces.

"Ruko beta, nazar utaar du" sheetal aunty stopped them and revolved dried red chillies over their heads.

"Sada suhagan reh putt, rabb mere bacheyaan nu chadh di kala vich rakhe" she blesses them when they touch her feet. They proceed to touch the feet of all the elders of the house seeking blessings from all of them.

"Chalo beta, ab rest kar lo. Kal bhi post wedding games hai aur fir shaam ko reception" aakriti's dad suggests.

With that, everyone retires to their rooms except for me.

I need to go check on my lunette, she's full of energy normally. I mean yes the day was tiring but still, I just feel like she's not okay.

Walking towards her room, I move back and decide to grab something from the kitchen for her to eat, I didn't see her eating much at the wedding and it's been hours since I last saw her eat something.

Getting some packets of chips and a chocolate, I go to her room. I knock but there's no response so I just head inside any way.

I see her on the floor trying to clean a blood stain on her bedsheet. So she got her period, explains why she has been down ever since we returned.

"Vihaan get out" she says, tears brimming at the corner of her eyes.

"I'll happily go out aakriti but here i brought some snacks for you" keeping the snacks on her night stand, I crouch down to her level to wipe her tears.

"Dard ki wajah se ro rhi ho?" I ask, wiping the last tear from her cheek.

"N-no, you saw t-th-the blood stain. It's.... gross" she manages to say in between her sobs and shaken breaths.