Chapter-1

Author's pov :

It is the most awaited day at the Mehra's today and why wouldn't it be? Their one and only Ronak is coming back from his boarding school after completing high school .

Ronak is the sunshine of their household. Everything to his mom and Angad, chachu-chachi's dramebaaz, Prisha's bhaiyuu and the only safe place that Aakriti Mehra has ever taken refugee under.

Aakriti's pov :

Life is black and white but I live in the grey part. Being a teenager, we are expected to live a life full of sunshine and roses but well that's complete bullshit. I think it's safe to say that I don't prefer colours in my life unless the colour is a 5"11 guy studying to be a C.A. and his name is Ronak Mehra. Today marks the return of that certain colour I allow into my life.

The chain of my thoughts is interrupted when I hear my name being called from the kitchen. Rushing downstairs, I see PTP with a welcome back card . The card is gigantic and well hard to believe that a 6th grader can make it. Giving her hair a quick ruffle, I go to the kitchen.

"Ritiii beta kabse bula rhi hu tujhe" that's mom calling me for the millionth time.

"Mai aa hi rah-" she cuts me off and says
"Achha aisa kar take the car keys and go pick Ronak up from the station, Angad had some last minute work to tend to."

There it goes, great way to start the day huh.

"Sun rhi hai tu?"
"Hanji sun rhi hu aur ab jaa rhi hu" saying this I turn in order to leave when I hear my mom gasp.
"Hey bhagwaan"
"Kya hua mumma?" , I immediately check her hands for any sort of injury but there isn't any.
"Kya hua bataoge??" I ask her again when I notice her eyeing me from head to toe.

I know what she is gonna say and that's my queue to run before it's too late.

"Thehar jaa wahi" guess it is too late after all (I mentally jump off a building)

"Aaj bhi yahi black and grey kapde? Ja abhi badal inhe, Ronak wapas aa rha hai aaj. Aise jaegi usse lene?"
"Mummy yaar-" she cuts me off saying
"Chup bhot ho gya, aur mai koi teri yaar vaar nhi. Ab jaegi ya petition sign karwa ke du?"
"Mummy station se lene hi toh Jana hai usse, mujhe bada koi dekhne aane wala hai waha" I try to convince her.

She faceplams saying "Kya karu mai iss ladki ka"
That's when some batter from her hand gets onto her forehead.

"Ek minute ye kya hai? Pancake ka batter aur wo bhi choclate pancakes?" I say looking at the batter.

"Haan Ronak ko pasand hai na chocolate isliye" she replies and asks me if I want some. They look tempting but no I cannot so I decline and tell her I'll just stick to my usual morning salad.

Getting in the car I dial nikhil's no. and he declines, I dial again and he declines AGAIN.
I call him for the third time, making a mental note to strangle him if he doesn't answer this time.
Scratch that, he answers this time.

"Jallaad aurat kabhi toh sone de diya kar, khud to saali insomnia se peedit firti hai, meri neend to haraam mat kar subah subah" he says in a half asleep voice.
"Good morning to you too nik" I say letting out a half scoff half laugh.

"Ab phone rakh aur ronak ko le aa, bichara dehradun se aa rha hai yaha wo bhi 5 saal baad finally" saying this he cuts the call.

Kya insaan hai bhai ye sab, Ronak aa rha hai Ronak aa rha. Itna hai toh khud hi le aayein na ye log, mera workout aise hi interrupt kiya. I mean mai bhi khush hu mera bhai aa rha hai par ab toh legit hadd hi ho gyi hai.

Shaking these thoughts away, I put on some music and get out of the parking.

I drive up to the station and find a spot to park my car. I park the car and head inside.

And not to my surprise the train is running a bit late. I decide to scroll some reels on my phone, even the thought of scrolling reels makes me feel guilty. The side effects of being a neet aspirant in 11th as well as 12th and even though I finally have a mbbs seat in a govt college, I still am not used to being on my phone without feeling guilty of not doing productive things. This is when I realise that I left my phone in the car.

I unlock the car and grab my phone and was about to head inside when I find a woman around my mom's age, struggling to replace the flat tyre of her car. I walk up to her and ask if I could help, she replies positively.

After good 15 minutes, I have successfully changed the tyre. "Thank you beta, you are a beautiful and skilled young lady" she says.

Giving her a warm smile, I head inside only to see my brother already coming out of the train with not just a bag but also a guy coming with him?!?

Guess who's making an entry in riti's life?😉

Also if there are any errors, kindly ignore as English isn't our first language.

Hope you all liked the chapter.
Also please don't forget to vote and comment, it makes my day.

Love you all,
Tulip🌷