CHAPTER 815: It was just a note

The room furthest to the back, overcome with silence as Yue Ling and Lu Tian slept through the night after showering. Lu Tian's eyes calmly flutter open, and the ceiling above came to view.

He glances at the window. Although the curtains in the room were not drawn, he could tell that morning had come. The faint sun rays from outside entered through the gaps, letting him know that it was bright and sunny.

Like his usual routine, he turns to his sleeping wife. He would always kiss her on the head, then get up to go on a morning run before returning to freshen up and prepare breakfast.

However, his hands felt nothing but the blanket and pillows.

He sits up in bed and frowns at the empty spot his wife should have been sleeping.

"Yue Ling?"

He didn't hesitate to call for her, thinking she might have woke up to use the bathroom. However, seconds pass, and he received no response.

Even the adjoining bathroom to the room was left open.

His frown deepens, and he stood up from the bed. He was shirtless, allowing his perfectly toned upper body to view, but he wore simple gray lounge pants to cover his lower half.

'Did she leave while he was sleeping?'

He asked himself but quickly brush it aside when he sees their packed bags still on the chair he had left last night. However, what bothered him was that he didn't hear or felt her get up from the bed. Was he that deep asleep?

"Where did she go?"

He murmured another question and ran his hand through his disheveled bed hair. He doesn't grab a shirt but strides out of the room.

Maybe she went downstairs.

He climbs down the stairs that allowed him to view the living room and part of the dining room. Like the bedroom, his wife was nowhere in sight.

"Am I still dreaming?"

Just as he nears the last few steps of the stairs, a delicious aroma enters his nose. He was reminded of the breakfasts his wife makes for him when she beats him to the kitchen in the morning.

He smiles a soft chuckle and makes his way in the direction the smell was coming.

"Good morn-"

He enters the kitchen expecting to see his wife and greets her. However, before he could finish his words, a frown returns to his face.

The kitchen was also empty.

A sense of worry wash inside him, and he got a feeling like the day when his wife flew to City Z. The same day, he became aware of Lee Shin's existence.

He spun around to go back upstairs to get his phone. He needs to find his wife. Even if he has to turn the entire world upside-down, he will do it without a second thought.

Just as he strides past the dining room, he pauses in his steps when his eyes subconsciously glance at the dining table. His body turns to face it, and he stares down at the nicely laid-out breakfast.

It was a simple breakfast of pancakes, sunny side eggs, and sausages with a glass of orange juice.

However, it wasn't the breakfast that caught his attention.