CHAPTER 812: Have everything under control

While Yue Ling's team and Lu Tian's team returned home for sleep, the couple enjoyed the night in peace on the private island.

After dinner and cleaning the dishes, the couple decided to sit outside on the back patio as the night was clear and great for watching the stars.

Lu Tian laid on the long lounge couch with Yue Ling in his arms. He had lit the fire pit next to them and didn't forget to wrap his wife in a nice warm blanket.

His phone was in his hand as he read a message then place it down on the side table.

He stares up at the night sky, and every so often, the tips of his fingers would caress the side of his wife's arm.

His eyes lower to her head, and he sees that although she was quiet, she was still fully awake.

"What are you thinking about?"

Yue Ling laid on her side in Lu Tian's embrace as she stares up at the starry night sky. She loves his warmth and the feeling of being hugged by his strong arms.

He was her haven, after all.

When she heard his question, she doesn't look away from the sky but snuggles more in his arms. Like she had found more warmth, she sighs and answers.

"I'm thinking about how peaceful it is here."

It was like they were the only people in the world with nothing and no one to bother them. If possible, she wishes to stay this way for eternity.

Lu Tian arched an eyebrow at her response. He tightens his hold on her but made sure not to hug her too tightly. He moves his head towards her and places a light kiss on the top of her head.

"My offer when we got here still stands. If you want, we can move here."

All his wife has to do is say yes, and he'll have all their things moved here. The house they're living in can be set as a vacation home in the city.

"If you're worried about transportation, don't be. We can take the private jet every day."

Yue Ling didn't know whether to laugh or cry at his words. She sighs inside and ponders about the idea of living on a private island.

It's instead a great idea. To be away from the busy life, but even if she liked this feeling, she could not be selfish as others still depend on her.

Making up her mind, she snuggles her cheek against Lu Tian's chest and unconsciously inhales his scent.

"Maybe in the future, but I like how things are right now."

Lu Tian couldn't help but smile at her answer. He knows that his wife is speaking the truth about liking their life, but a part of him wishes that she will be a little selfish.

She is always carrying for others that she never put herself first.

Thinking about how selfless his wife is, he suddenly remembers the night they lost their unborn child. Even when she was in critical condition, she didn't ask for help but asked to check on Liu Shan.

He inhales a deep breath of air and brushes the thought away. His arms around his wife tighten as if he was trying to knead her body with his.

He will do everything he can to make sure she is always happy.