Chapter 10: Serial Killer

Leo took the pillow from Nate's bed and slammed it into his face.

"What the fu-ugh lemme sleeeeeeeeeeeep" Nate was up and he was glad Leo never chose his usual way for all of them: Ice water. He never threw ice water on Nolan though which Nate found annoying af.

"Give me a hoodie and get up. " Nate groaned and pulled the sheets to cover his head.

"Use your own" Nate voice was muffled due to the sheets.

"It's not for me. How stupid can you get? " Leo faked confusion.

"Very, just take it from the cub-wait for who? " Leo was wrong Nate isn't stupid. He's very stupid.

"Alex. You idiot. Who else?" Leo opened the cupboard which he could have done without waking Nate up but he liked seeing him suffer. He removed Nate's black hoodie.

"Al?" Thanks for reminding me. Leo thought sarcastically.

"Alex."

"Where are you going? " Nate asked in a sleepy voice.

"I have no idea. I told Al... Alex we are going somewhere. No idea where that somewhere is. "

"Go in the woods where you can't disturb meeeeee" Nate said.

"Shu-that's actually not a bad idea." Lorenzo thought about it. He took an off from work. He only takes off from work when it's his brother's birthdays or some stupid game that they play.

"Goooooo awayyyyyyyy" Nate's voice was still mufled with the pillow. Lorenzo knew he was hungover so he opened all the curtains and left the door open.

Camping might not be a bad idea. It would be something to do rather than stare at each other's faces all day.

Lorenzo knocked on the door of Al's room which is technically his room but...

Alex just opened the door with out even looking at Lorenzo. Alex's mind (without his approval) wondered to the painting.

The painting is not only beautiful, the fine thin details, but the two people holding hands. One hand by the looks of it is a kids hand. The others person's hand had a dark background and it had almost no light at the ends but as the hand got closer to the kid's hand. The painting got brighter and brighter.

Alex looked anywhere else but where the painting is. He didn't want Lorenzo to know he was gushing over his painting.

The only problem here is that Lorenzo knew Alex was looking at the painting. He kept glancing to his right side which is where the paintings are while moving only his right foot very slowly along with his right hand. It helped Lorenzo has a degree in psychology...

"You like my paintings?" Lorenzo bit his lower lip to stop himself from smiling.

Alex just nodded. He still can't believe Mr. Perfect here painted these. Then again, Mr. Perfect can do anything.

"Anyhoo..."

"Is that even a word?" Alex said blankly with a classic eye roll.

"Is nodding even an answer?" Lorenzo shot back. Then he instantly regretted it. Man, he felt like a Dhar Mann title right now.

He could apologize but Alex never did so why should. Great! Now he sounds like a three year old.

"Yes it's a casual way of saying nevertheless," Lorenzo replied calmly (unlike Dumbledore).

"Well, we're not casual. " Alex mumbled. Lorenzo pretended he never heard that for his own sake. He knew Alex and him were practically strangers.

"I was thinking..."

"Wow, you can do that? Alex asked sarcastically faking confusion

"Nah, I was cogitabunding"

"What? "

"Deep thinking"

Alex, looked at him and raised my eyebrows. Oh, how the tables have turned. Now he's genuinely confused

Lorenzo blinked twice. The only thought in his mind is...

'That sidetracked and escalated quickly'

"The word it means deep thinking " Lorenzo felt like those kids who had been called out by the teacher for being a smart ass.

'Well, at least I have a good and smart ass.'

Lorenzo thought bitterly. He forgot what he was going to say in the first place.

Do you wanna... " Lorenzo stopped himself if he hadn't he would have probably said do wanna build a snowman.

"Go to the woods," Lorenzo said smiling awkwardly. Why is he being so awkward?

Alex thought that sounded like something serial killers would say before the ki-Nah.

Alex couldn't help the 'side eye' he gave Lorenzo.

But...

Lorenzo looks like a serial killer. He had the I make everyone frightened attitude. Fuck, this whole family has it. And then there's Alex who looks like a stick. A hot stick but still a stick.

"I'm not going to bury you in the woods, chill. " Lorenzo rolled his eyes.

Yup, the muscles and the knife say otherwise. It's a butter knife but Alex knows what damage a butter knife can do.

Lorenzo tossed the black hoodie. Alex caught it but he shouldn't have jerked his ribs. Alex bit his tongue trying not to make a sound and cursed Lorenzo (in his mind) .

"If we leave now we might make it before it starts to get sunny."

Alex thought about it. He glanced at the clock. It was 4:30. It wasn't like he was going to get any sleep so why not? If Lorenzo turns out to be a serial killer that would probably be great...