Chapter 3O - El Sin Nombre

Start from the beginning

"Intel?" You asked.

"Yup." He nodded in return. "They wanna know who's here. Let's tell 'em."

Alejandro joined in. "In person-?"

"Correcto..." The Commander turns to look at him, smiling a little. "Get one of us inside, find the boss..." He then clapped his hands together, "roll him up."

You frown at his words. You subconsciously bit your inner cheek, suddenly feeling anxious about this despite knowing all too well that this mission will be a successful. But then, your mind suddenly wandering back to Hassan's interrogation.

Fuck Shepherd. You thought to yourself as you take out your phone from your pocket. But before you unlock your phone, Soap's voice brought your attention back to the current situation. Stopping your movement.

"I'll do it."

"No, you're not." You quickly spat, glaring dagger at his direction.

"You go in there, and they'll kill you, hermano." Alejandro adds, agreeing with you.

It made Soap looking at the two of you, when his eyes landed on you, he gives you a reassuring smile. His eyes softening at your hardened expression. "I'll take my chances."

"We came here to stop a missile, let's stop it." He continues before you can cut him off. "I'll offer intel for a meet with Sin Nombre." He looks around at the team before nodding at them.

"And if he's there, we pounce."

Silence fell for a second before Alejandro voices break them short. "Órale. Tienes huevos, cabron. (Hell yeah- you've got balls, you son of a bitch.) I'll go too."

"Ale?! I thought you are on my side?" You asked him with disbelief, you still contemplating your choice to take Soap position or not.

"I'm sorry, cariño. It's not like one of us could go inside without them noticing us." You still frown at his reasoning even though you know it's true. "Our faces are well known, especially you, if you forget, eres uno de sus objetivos (you are one of 'their' target)."

Fuck. 'They' will be there too.

"That puta (bitch)." You said through gritted teeth. Your hand subconsciously tightened around your phone, making your hand red from the action. When suddenly Ghost grab your hand, "You'll break your phone."

You quickly snapped to look at him then look down at his hand engulfing your own. Just then you realized what you've been doing. You slowly loosening the grip but Ghost won't let go of your hand. If it's not for the current discussion you are in, you'll immediately slap his hand away, but that's not your concern for now.

"And that file," Alejandro continues and it made you look at him again, almost like a whiplash, warning him not to bring the topic. He only shook his head at your silent plea. "Not again, amor. Your life is in danger if you keep hiding it."

"What file?" Ghost asked, his hand visibly tightened around yours, preventing you from moving away from him.

"File? That file you bring in your bag?" Soap question caught you off guard. Your jaw almost dropping when you know now that he knows.

"You know?" Both you and Alejandro look at him. Making the Sergeant look at both with confusion. "Oh.. Sorry? Am I not supposed to know that?"

"What file?" Ghost repeats again, now tugging your hand so you turn aroudn to face him. You look into his eyes, his already cold eyes now turning even colder if that's even possible.

After a second of intense staring, you broke the eye contact first. "Ale.."

"When you first come here, one of my men brought me a file that said it's for y/n. I went to check it and it's full of Russian and there's also her name on it. So I thought it's really for her because I know she's from there." Alejandro began to explain, agree to take your place to explain the problem.