029

📍Lakemoor Gardens
Spanish Town,
St. Catherine

Amiya Jameilia Whyte//19

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Amiya Jameilia Whyte//19

We had just come from Ricardo's funeral and were now all at Kaheem's house, eating and talking, all of us trying to brighten up the gloomy mood that was in the air; Aziel and Kaheem reminiscing about the moments they had with Ricardo.

From him find out seh him dead, Aziel nuh shed nuh tears, and mhi nuh know how fhi feel boh that.

I glance at Jameilia who was smiling sadly as she listened to their stories "Member when the man did a climb the mango tree and guh drop off and bruck him foot" Kaheem reminisced, him and Aziel bursting out in a fit of laughter.

"And that neva stop him from climbing the mango tree again, swear a wheel chair him shoulda born inah. Boy used to rude" I glance down at Aziel whose lap I was comfortably siting in.

"Unuh know him from long time?"

"Yeah, grow wid him actually" he muttered, his eyes dull as he stared into my own.

Mhi know it affect him, I just don't know how badly it has.

I crease his cheek and nod my head, deciding not to press the topic any further.

"Unuh wah nun drink? Some more food?" Hermanie came into the room, her voice cheery and high-pitched.

She has been the element that has been keeping everybody smiley throughout the day.

All now mhi cah see dem father.

"No mommy" mhi think the father woulda come a the funeral, but I guess not.

"Amiya?" I perked up when I heard my name from Hermanie's mouth-I looked at her and saw her pointing to the direction of the kitchen.

"She wah talk"

Bawl mhi fhi bawl now or what because why she wah talk to mhi.

I got up out of Aziel's lap and followed her into the kitchen "Yeah?" I stood a couple inches away from her, watching her as she moved about in the kitchen.

"I'm not going to bite you. I like you for my son, considering the other girls he dated were...how yuh woulda seh it now?" She laughed, shaking her head while picking up a dirty plate and putting it in the sink.

"Come help mhi clean man" she told me, stepping aside in front of the sink.

I sigh lowly and got beside her, my heart racing.

First time I met her I was not his girlfriend...now I am and mhi fraid fhi hear weh she wah talk boh.

"Me'll wash dem and you wash dem off and dry them" I nod my head, watching her.