ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

We fell in silence for a few seconds then he out of nowhere turn his whole body towards my side like there's some super secret shit he's about to tell me, he looked at me asking

"I'm sorry, I might sound like a narcissist. But, do you know who I am?" his eyebrows knit together and he let out a laugh. A laugh that everyone would do if they were in a group of friends where everyone is laughing but you don't get the joke, so you let out a laugh.

"Hmm" I made myself look like i'm thinking. "what if I say that I do not know who you are?" I answered him. He probably thinks I don't know him because of the way I did not get excited over him or ask for pictures.

He seemed surprised and probably wasn't expecting my answer. "Well then, I guess you're not a fan of football and are not from England although you sound british" he explained.

"I do know you, Jude, You're the Jude Bellingham, a footballer who plays for England. And you're in the Borussia Dortmund Club in Germany" I replied to him right after he explained the reasons why I wouldn't know him. "Yes Jude, I do know you"

He was about to reply to what I just said, but then he just let his mouth open then he moved his tongue to his inner cheek. He turned his full body towards the sea again

"so, you do know I'm here to represent England in the Fifa World Cup?" He asks as he turns to me.

"Yes, that is also the reason why I'm here. Well not to play, but to represent a good supporter from England" I admit why I'm currently in Qatar.

"But. i'll be honest with you, i'm not a big fan of football, my dad is, and so does my brother. That's why we're here now. Plus, I just know that you existed a few weeks ago because my sister was obsessed with you and... football, out of nowhere" I added.

"right" He nodded.

Then we both fell into silence, again. He's still admiring the view while I look down to my hand and massage my palm, nervously. Then I saw the watch on my wrist saying it's almost 3AM in the morning.

"Shit, it's almost 3 in the morning" I muttered loud enough for him to hear me.

"I should better get going, dad plans a lot of activities for tomorrow. Well, today." I tried to excuse myself as I tried to take his puffer coat off of me.

He stood up first then held his hand up to me. "Nah, keep that on. You can take that off once you're in the hotel. It's still cold" He explained, then moves his hand gesturing for me to walk first before him. "Shall I walk you with you back in?" He asked me as I was standing up from the bench.

Shit, this man is tall. Our shoulders did not stand on the same level.

I let out a nervous chuckles "it's only 50 steps away, I'll be fine"

"Well, I have to wake up early tomorrow for training also Eleanor" He follows me from behind and walks alongside with me.

Wow, Eleanor. That's actually such a pretty name. I never knew it sounded so angelic until he says it. Or, is it just his voice that's so angelic?

"Right, sorry my bad. I almost forgot you got a game on 21st"

As we walked in silence to the hotel, we both didn't try to carry on the conversation until we got closer to the entrance. When we stepped in the lobby, we continued walking towards my family homestay for the vacation. We walked upstairs to level 2 and I stopped right in front of my family homestay.

"This is me" I told him pointing to the door, then he stopped walking too.

"We aren't far from each other. Me and my mates are just around that corner" he pointed to the end of the hallway.

"Do you wanna come and meet them? I can call them out here if you want, I think some of them are still awake" He invited me.

Did he really just invite me to meet the whole England football player? I do know his intention is probably just to get me to meet his mates, but I don't think i'm gonna be comfortable enough for that yet. I barely know their names.

I let out a chuckle. "It's 3AM in the morning Jude, they're probably sound asleep now. It's fine, I'll meet them in proper way next time"

I slowly take his puffer coat off of me and handed it to him and he grabbed them gently from my hand.

"Thank you, for the coat, the talk, and the walk" I smile at him as we stand right in front of each other.

"Not a problem at all" He smiles back, then both of us looked down at our feet.

I don't know why but suddenly I got nervous, when the whole time we were talking , it was pretty normal. Both of us didn't say a word for a few seconds. So I decided, why not I start the conversation now which is..

"I better get inside now, it's getting cold again" I finally said and looked up to him.

"right yeah. Goodnight Eleanor" He looks up to me then smiles.

"Goodnight Jude" I replied to him with a smile.

Slowly he reversed walking towards his room behind him, he raised his hand to waves at me. I waved and smiled back at him, then he finally turned his back on me and walked normally to his room.