ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

ʚɞ 21th April 2024 ʚɞ

"What's next in your recipes?" I ask Denise after adding an ingredient into a mixture.

"Berries" She holds up a bowl of raspberries and blueberries that she just grabbed from the fridge. "They're Jude's favourite" She smiles then hands it over for me to mix into the dough.

Last night, Denise showed me around the mansion and where I will be sleeping while staying with them. She also reheated some food for me to eat for dinner. Like she said, Jude is not at home because he's got a match today against Barcelona and it's here in Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu.

This morning, we Facetime my parents for a bit and go out to buy some groceries because she said she wanted to bake some tart for Jude. When we got home, I helped her with chores because I don't know how else to thank her for letting me stay at their home.

Jude facetimed Denise at one point to tell her that she should come earlier than before because the stadium will probably be stuffed if she came like usual, like people say, it's a big game that they named it ElClásico. I hid myself away from the camera the whole time they were talking, because this isn't how I'm going to surprise him.

After the dough is set in the oven, Denise and I both went to take a shower and get ready to go to the stadium. Denise, as usual, wears a Real Madrid home jersey with Jude's name on the back, while I myself haven't bought any Real Madrid jersey yet, Denise offered me another Jude's home jersey that was in her jersey collection. We both pair them with some light blue denims.

After the tart is ready, we grab a little bite and pack a slice for Jude in a container. Then we make our way to the stadium.

Arriving at the stadium, we were greeted by security there that later gave us the VIP pass and walk us to the pitch. Denise says that we should take a seat somewhere near the pitch so that Jude can find us. After meeting Jude, then we'll go to the VIP box.

"They'll arrive anytime now" Denise informed me as we both saw the number on her lockscreen says 7pm.

Outside the stadium, a lot of fans have already arrived. We could hear chatters even from inside the stadium, only now that we heard chants and screaming from out there. That must be them arriving from the training centre.

Denise and I talked for a bit as we waited for the players to look around the stadium getting on their games aura before last preparation. Denise mentioned that Jude wasn't immediately in love with football. She tells me a story about how he would pick up a ball and not kick it.

She also mentions how Jude and Jobe are always playing football together with Mark and listening to her talking about both of her kids that way is just so sweet. She seems so proud of both of them.

"Oh there they are" She claimed as she points to the pitch.

I was sitting in front of Denise one seat below her cause I don't want Jude to know it's me yet. I want him to come up here to his mum and see who's with her. I don't know if he recognizes me from behind, I just hope no. I saw Denise waving her hand to Jude and calling him to come to our seat.

"He's coming" A smile appears on her face as she watches him make his way to us.

After a few seconds, Denise stands up from her chair and walks to the end of the seat to greet him. I stay put on my seat to wait for them greeting each other. I hide my side face with my hair so he couldn't see or recognise me yet.

"Hello love" Denise greeted him.

"Hi mum" He replied, which I can tell that they're hugging and giving a peck on each other's cheeks. "You brought a friend," He state.

"I do yeah" Denise replied then I heard their footsteps getting closer to my seat.

"Eleanor Marlborough" I heard him speak in a controversial way, like he's presenting me to the world

Is that a fail surprise?

"Oh c'mon" I turned around in annoyance because I thought he wouldn't know who I am. "I was suppose to surprise you"

Jude chuckles "I recognized you from down there mate" He walks closer to me.

I stood up from my seat to give him a hug "and that hair did NOTHING to hide you" he added then pulled me into his embrace.

"Nice to see you again, Jude" I hugged his figure

"You too, Elle" and we both pulled away.

"Didn't I tell you to tell me when you're visiting?" He ask

"Yeah, I've noticed. I just don't wanna listen, maybe" I sarcastically replied to him.

He rolls his eyes then he takes a seat next to his mum while I sit back on my seat. His mum took out the tart that we made this afternoon and let him enjoy a little bite, since he's going to play later, he can't have a lot.

I saw Jude face light up when his mum revealed the tart in the container, or is it the berries he's excited for. I don't know. The first bite he took made him throw his head back, saying it's very well baked. Denise then told him that I had helped her bake it, and he decided to make a pause face. He took another bite slowly while staring into my eyes.

"No wonder it taste a bit off" He remark

Our jaw dropped in disbelief to what Jude just say. It was probably a lie because he literally said it was delicious before Denise mention my help. "What was that supposed to mean?!" I let out an almost scream but jokingly replying to his remarks.

We shared laughs and Jude asked everything about how I got to Madrid, where I'm planning to look around and when I'm going back. I'll be in Madrid until friday and I actually did plan to go see a few places I heard are the best to visit in Madrid.

"I can show you around tomorrow" Jude offered.

"Oh that's fine, I did plan a few visits and I can take the public transport, so no worries" staying at their home is enough of a burden so I really don't want to add more.

"Stop being a guest, we're friends" Jude utter.

"It's not that Jude, i'm not used to people help me out, offer this and that"

"Well, you have to get use to it then" Denise grabs my hand and squeeze them

I replied with warm smile back. Not long after that, Jude has to go for preparation and get ready for training. Denise and I headed to the VIP box since I did not get my ticket and Denise help me get to the VIP box.