ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

I give him a blank expression "um"

"Sorry, I- I shouldn't have asked that?" He apologised, probably because my expression tells that question is a bit personal. But I think it's fine to tell him about it, it's not like we're gonna meet anymore in the future.

You know that random deep talk you had with strangers you just met when you're all alone at your lowest. Sometimes they end up actually helping you feel better. Then you never gonna meet them anymore but that moment always felt special at some point.

"Nahh, nahh, it's fine" I told him. I exhale before telling him what's on my mind. "Umm, actually, I just broke up with my boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. I don't know what I was thinking when I believed that he would change to be a better person for me" I explained.

"Right, you cool though? No need for a shoulder to cry on?" He asked me.

"Nahh, don't need that. I'm already tired enough crying over him while we were still dating" I claim.

"Understandable" He nodded then stare back at the view of the ocean. "Nah, nah not really, i've never been in a relationship" He shakes his head.

"Really? How come?"

"I've been so busy playing football and have this mad crush on football rather than girls i think" He explained.

"But you're quite leng tho, ain't no way nobody's chasing after you" I commented

He let out a laugh. "Thank you, but like i said, my feelings for football is bigger that any feelings i have for girls"

"Alright big man" I nodded.

"What about you? What's bothering you up there?" I continue asking him back as I pulled the puffer coat to fully cover my body because I really can't handle this cold.

"Not much, just kind of scared of what's in the future. You know what I mean? Like, we don't know what's gonna happen in the future, and what if we're not prepared for it?" He stares blankly at the skies and I can see that he's biting to his inner cheek.

"Yeah, but you know, God wouldn't let you go through the things that he did not prepare you for" I turn to him and smile a little.

"True, gotta pray a lot more often" He claimed. I nodded agreeing to him.

"Do you think anyone is actually proud of you? I mean like, do you ever think that anything you do is ever enough?" He questioned me, sounding like something's off.

"Hmm, I'll be honest. I'm quite of a competitive person. I'll always wanna be better than the others. So yeah, I always think I never do well enough if I see others can do better" I replied to him.

"We're identical then. I, me self always so greedy to be better than others. But not in a selfish way, i just always feel like not good enough if there's others better than me and gosh, that felt like shit" He explained as he stared at the seaview.

"Then whenever your performance would drop, everyone was like 'what happened? What's wrong with you? Where was the old you?' Like man? I don't even know what's wrong with me innit?" He complained and sounded frustrated. He even made some hand gestures then smacked his own thighs with his clench fist.

"Whoa, relax man" I turned to face him when I heard the smack. "Relax" I bring my hand up showing him a sign to relax.

"Sorry, it's just-" he turned to me.

"I get it, you're a human too. Humans get tired, no one is always on top you know. We're living a life on earth, not paradise. Surely we'll be on top, and sometimes we're nowhere to be seen. But that's totally fine, you'll always find your way back to the top"  I smile at him, hoping that would encourage him to smile back.

He smiles back. Such a cutie

"I'm pretty sure you always give your best in everything you do, who wouldn't innit? But doesn't mean you have to prove to everyone that you're always doing your best. Because people can't always see those things. So the best thing you can do now, is just do your best and always be thankful that you're still able to do it" I continue my words for him.

He nodded to what I said and smiles appeared on his face and his fist relaxed itself from the clench.

"Remember this. Whenever someone talks to you, pick the good and let go the bad ones. Don't keep the bad one close to your heart. Believe in yourself to be better" I advised him, raising my eyebrows to him giving the get it? Look

"Noted" he nodded then smiled. Then we both turned our attention to the sound of waves crashing into one another.

Then we fell in silence again for a few minutes . Talk to me more Jude, I thought to myself. Gosh I really don't know how to carry on a conversation.

"Are you on vacation?" he ask keep on the conversation

"You could say that. had to skipped a few classes for this vacation" I respond to him

"oh you're still in school?" he questioned me, only now he looks towards me like he didn't expect that.

"yeah, uni" I tell him

"ouhh, which university?"

"Brunel"

"ouhh" he nodded his head

"What about you? on vacation?" idiot Elle, you know he's here to represent our country I thought

I honestly don't know what else to ask him, so I think I'm just going to ask him everything that he asks me first.

"nahh, more of a work, I think. but me and my mate do travel around here when we're not busy"

"ouhh" I said.

"How old are you...?" he asks like there's more questions there.

"Eleanor" I told him my name and offered my hand out for greetings.

He shakes my hand and smiles. "Jude" he tells me his name. I do know you darling, amongst the teenage girl, who doesn't know you? I talked to him through my mind.

"and to answer your question, I just turned 19 last week" we both let go and now facing each other as we talk.

"Oh, happy birthday" he wished me, which is kinda surprising but also flustered me.

"thanks" I smiled at him.