c h a p t e r 15

“How close are you both?”

Even after his explanation, it didn't settle with you. Though he looked calm, his eyes dropped. It seemed like he was preparing himself to hear something worse. You didn't understand that look at all.

Usually, you'd play and tease the other one. But today, for some weird reason, you wanted to be true, you didn't want to play with him, you wanted to be genuine.

“So close. I know all his secrets that he didn't want the world to know. I don't want to be cocky, but I know him better than anyone. I…I even know about Daehyun….”

You see all the colours from his face drain away with that name. He paused and was still for a second. It got you worried.

It's like watching Daejung when he first told you about his twin. The only difference is, Daejung was much worse. Half way through telling, he broke, crying a river. He was devastated at that time. It took him all the fibre of his body to move on. Or so you thought.

Yoongi didn't speak a word further. He even stopped eating. He was elsewhere. His eyes seemed so distant and lost in thoughts. It stinged your heart to see him like this.

This one month with him was so much like a bubbly cartoon. He'd crack jokes, be all goofy and smiley. You haven't witnessed this face of his.

You were looking so deep into his eyes, that you didn't realise that he resumed. He broke your thoughts train, speaking up.

“So you'd have never heard about me from him. Right, Seoyoon?”

He chuckled towards the end and it sounded so dry. He wasn't eating, but was playing with the wrapper. You didn't know what else to answer him, so you nodded.

It remained the same for a few minutes. With him eating and you fidgeting. All silent. Even in the whole loud place, it seemed agonisingly silent to you.

I maybe shouldn't have told him that…..

Finishing there, you both decided to stroll around. There wasn't much for you both to do. But that didn't bother you. Yoongi was silent, so silent that you wanted to grab his collar, pull him down to your eye level, look into it and ask him what was wrong. That's what you'd do with the guys.

“What did you say?”

You snapped your head and looked at him with wide eyes.

Did I say that aloud?

The mall was damn loud for someone to hear the mumblings of the others. You bet, this man had a sharp sense of hearing. He turns to your side with furrowed eyes, because you hadn't answered him yet.

There's no way out of this. He heard you. He wants you to repeat so he can be clear of what you said earlier.

Shit.

“What's wrong?”

Yeah, there goes nothing. He's going to think you're prying. Why should your mouth have a mind of its own?

But that's not the point, Yoongi chuckled. He freaking chuckled. He turned to the other side, so you couldn't see him.

“Hyung and I….we don't talk…. It's been years since we last spoke…”

Being so invested on why he was so silent, you didn't notice how the chuckle sounded. Sad.  He still didn't turn and your phone went off when you were going to ask him more. It's the shop. Right.

“Y-Yoongi, we have to collect the hourglass….”

“Yeah. Come.”

His voice sounded so dry and emotionless. You kept up with his pace until you reached the shop. Still no words. Walking up to the cash register, you pass your card and collect the bag.