c h a p t e r 8

As soon as the car comes to a halt in the driveway, you quickly unbuckle the belt and throw the car door open and run into the home with the food in your hand.

"Aish…don't run Yoonie. You might stumble."

"Am good Seokjinnie…"

You open the door and quickly walk to the kitchen to reheat the food. You put the to-go containers into the microwave oven and turn it on. You run upstairs seeing the others entering the house. You knock twice on the study room's door.

"Come in."

You push open the door a little and peep through the door to see Seoshin's dad reading the office files without taking his eyes out of it and her mom's head buried in the laptop.

Ugh….they really don't take time for themselves…even during their breaks…….

"Ahh..you both are here for a break."

"Yeah, but this is a little important…Yoonie-"

"Nah. Please don't try to convince me on this Eomma."

"Okay Ms. Kim, I'll close this now."

"That's better Mr. Jung…"

You three giggle at the little argument. You walk to the couch and plop down next to Seoshin's mom. She closes her laptop and pulls you closer to her, wrapping her arms around your shoulder.

"My cute bun Seoyoon…."

You playfully glare at her to which you earn a giggle from both of them.

"Ahhh….I forgot. We bought dinner….it's there inside the oven. You both come, I'll serve and-"

"We'll help ourselves….you go, you'll have to wake up early tomorrow."

You heave a sigh and nod in agreement. You gently smile and turn to walk out of the room. Suddenly, Seoshin's mom calls you out.

"Seoyoon?"

"Eomma…"

"You know that we love you, right?"

You sprint to her and hug her tightly, burying your face in the crook of her neck. She caresses your back as you sob harder in her embrace. Soon, two more arms wrap around your shoulder and you knew it was Seoshin's dad.

"I m-miss t-them…s-so much..i-its been s-so long…since t-the last time t-they c-called…i-its b-been a month Eomma…"

"I know Seoyoon…they're-"

"Busy? If that's the answer, let's not talk about it. It better-"

"Seoyo- oh my- why are you crying? Eomma, why is she crying?"

Seoshin peels you away from her mom to look at you. You immediately turn and bury your head in her stomach, not giving her a chance to look at you. She wraps her arms around you and rubs your back gently. Your voice comes out muffled as you speak.

"Don't yell at her. It's just I'm-"

"You're nothing that you think. You're good."

You pull away from her and look up at her brown orbs which are warm. She smiles warmingly at you and ruffles your hair.

How it would've been…if she wasn't there with me…

"Now get up. We'll go, write the diary and join the rest."

You slowly nod and stand up, to leave the room. Seoshin wipes the stray tears away and tugs you forward with her. You turn back to wave at her mom and dad.