Chapter 8

"But how did you know where I live?" I just realized that I never told him my address

"But how did you know where I live?" I just realized that I never told him my address. So I stand folding my arms to the chest to give me the warmth which I lost a minute ago when I was glued to his back, staring at him whose brown orbs are fixated on me.

"Doesn't everyone know that?" He replied in a question.

"Not the people who are new and came to the city just two months ago" I replied with the same intensity.

"Are you keeping an eye on me?" He asked with a grin.

God. Just how much does this man smile? Doesn't his jaw hurt or what. I groan inwardly.

Tiny droplets started pouring slowly turning into drizzle, my hands moved up to shield my head from it, before that I observed a large hand covering it. I looked up to meet his eyes "You should get inside before it starts to rain." He said with concern, lacing his voice.

"You should come with me." I continued with a reason "I don't want you to take a leave, if you fall sick because of me." The rain now soaking the clothes, making it stick to the body.

"Now you are worrying about me, I am touched." He replies with a grin. "Don't worry I don't fall sick that easily. But if you insist that I stay with you, who am I to deny." He then gets from the bike and makes way towards the entrance and match with the steps.

Insist, my foot? I wanted to tell him but I held back as I was in a hurry. But how can he agree that easily?

I punch the code and the sensor lights turn on indicating our presence. We entered all soaked and wet clothes making it look like second skin.

The raindrops streak down the glass, distorting the view outside while creating patterns and rivulets making it quite beautiful to watch.

I looked up to find him looking around the house taking in the view. His blue shirt turned even darker, his wet dark brown locks falling on his forehead with tiny drops finding their way into his shirt. His one hand in pant pocket, the other holding his coat.

Sensing my gaze he looked down, making our eyes locked, his eyes traveling down my body more than required, he opened the coat to cover my body.

He looked away before clearing his throat, his Adam's apple bobbing and said in a low voice "I think you should get changed, you might catch a cold."