Chapter 6

I sigh for the nth time of the day looking at the bouquet of tulips, of course they are pretty and I've been receiving a different one everyday since a week with no address

I sigh for the nth time of the day looking at the bouquet of tulips, of course they are pretty and I've been receiving a different one everyday since a week with no address. I thought this was another way of pissing me off by my rivals but they aren't. This could be a serious issue if there are any hidden devices in it but there aren't any . I rub my temples ,laxed on my office chair , things have been hectic and this thing adds more to my plate.

The week passed in a blur since I was back except from the club night .Gosh, I don't remember anything after that .Usually I don't forget but this time it was different. Weird. When I asked Nora about this ,she said she was busy dancing and drinking, lastly passed out. I hope I haven't done or said anything weird to any stranger. My gut strongly wants it to be false .

Today the best presentation will be selected for our new project The Fall . And I've seen the interns being invested in it, eventually the best one will be selected and the person will lead the whole project.

I dialled my intercom to Liam, he spoke before I could ask, " Yes ,I've mailed you the agenda and the meeting starts in five minutes so be ready and your coffee will be on your table in two minutes".

My lips curved up a little at this ,I don't say thank-you not at least to him or he will boast around to his wife. "And about the deal with 'Mr. White?' We can't lose that." I say.

"Sorted .The appointment is at 4 pm. We are not losing this . Trust me" he said. He knows me the best . 'White Industries' deals with infrastructures and are consecutive winners of interior architecture. This deal is crucial as I am expanding my label.

"Okay" I hung up. The next minute coffee was on my table. And we left for the board room for meeting. I pushed open the door and everyone present there stopped with their murmurs, soon silence coated the room as I walked with every eye on me and only the sound of my heels clacking on marble. I walked till my chair and sat pulling myself to the table edge .

I nodded at Liam signalling him to proceed with the meeting. I don't talk unless it's necessary and he very much gets it .He passed me the papers and the meeting commenced .

❄︎

I looked at the presenter more like glared at him ,if he is here to stutter every time he speaks just by looking at me ,he can kiss the job goodbye. "Leave" he runs to exit as if his ass caught on fire. Liam looks at me and immediately turns his face away as if he's got nothing to do with this shit.

My patience is thin ,he knows that too. "Next, please" Liam with his professional calm tone.

A man stands ,all sturdy and confident as if he's been waiting for it ,his jaw sharp with slight beard ,his hair brown set back ,his muscles flex with each step he takes , finally reaching the screen he folds his blue shirt sleeves. Hot. What?No it's not. I clear my throat to remove those unnecessary thoughts about a stranger.