The Two Leaders

It has nearly been a week since there were newcomers into the security force. Surprisingly for Elyssia, she had no problems with any misbehaving students. No vandalism, no skippers, and no scuffles. She can relate this to the upcoming tournament. And desiring to stay out of trouble and not get kicked out. Haelfein proved to be an outstanding example.

She snapped out of her train of thought as her partner appeared into view. She could recognize that black wide-brimmed hat with a bird skull as the headwear of choice for Donovan. He gave her an ear-to-ear smile with his teeth.

"Top of the morning to you, Elyssia." He tipped his hat, "You wanted me?"

"Morning Donovan." Elyssia sighed as she stood straight, "Just like what Sammy and Gary did before, I'm going to patrol with you."

"Well. For how long?"

"An hour or two. Come on." Elyssia answered.

The two started their patrolling session. Moving clockwise around the whole area. As Donovan continued with Elyssia, he began to hum something. It was almost enticing to Elyssia, but she managed to keep her concentration as she patrolled.

Most of the trash had been cleaned up in the field. If Elyssia reported this, Madhav could find camera footage of the students, incriminate them for such a small act, and get them in trouble. They don't want that. But that atleast eased everyone's job. They're too lazy to report it and just often throw it away.

As Elyssia and Donovan walked around, Donovan went through what he could say to liven this boring atmosphere, "Hey Elyssia?"

"What is it?"

"Pizza or burgers?"

She was taken aback at this question, "What kind of question is that?"

"A fun one. You got an answer?"

"No. I'm not going to answer that. I don't even like both."

Donovan lit up with what she said, "Ah! You still answered! You just said you didn't like both. So I still got an answer from you. Ha!"

"God damn it..." Elyssia palmed her face. How could someone like him be so immature?

As they moved through the area, Donovan quickly scanned around, hoping to see something suspicious. Anything. Something so minuscule could possibly be a lead, "Oh come on now. You must have a favorite food."

"Ugh..." She thought for a second, maybe a short answer might shut him up, "Gyro. I like Gyro's."

"Ooooh! Gyro's! I tried that before!" Donovan spoke the truth, he had visited Greece before. He remembered it well as when he had to protect an ancient Greek artifact from falling to the hands of the Red hand. (Hehe. Hand of the red hand.)

"Did you now?"

"Yep. Pretty good I say."

"Good for you." Elyssia found a way to possibly get some answers on his dead background, "So you've been to Greece, yes? Did you live there for some time?"

"Nope. I just visited for the holidays." An odd feeling rubbed against Donovan's stomach.

"Really? Is that so?"

"Was that not the answer you were looking for?"

Elyssia wanted to shake her head no. But she just scoffed instead. Donovan and Elyssia continued along the path. Still saw nothing out of the ordinary. As expected, the students are in class and are behaving.

"Where were you anyways?" Elyssia asked, "I didn't see you much this week."

"Awh...Are you really interested in me?"