He Who Gazed With Multiple Eyes

"Why me...?" Samuel tried to plead with Donovan, "Can you just like...go with her instead?"

"Dude. Calm down." Donovan said as he leaned on the tree bark, waiting for Elyssia and Rovanne, "Now's your chance. You can go talk to her!"

"No-! I can't!" Samuel shook his head, "I don't think she'll even like me!"

"She can!" Gary tried to hype Samuel up, "I can see it in her. She's kind. It can work!"

"Didn't you cuss her out yesterday? In the office?" Donovan pointed out.

"I wasn't thinking correctly." Gary dismissed him.

Samuel looked around quickly, trying to gather his courage up to do a session with Rovanne. She is pretty in his eyes. But he's adamant that she won't see him the same way. No, it's too quick to know now. Give it time. But still! Agh! Samuel went through hundreds of thoughts in a single second. Overthinking everything.

"Come on Sammy." Gary patted him on the back, "If someone like me could get together with a girl like Aurora, then you have a better chance than I do."

Donovan scoffed at his words, "You got lucky you know. I still don't know how Aurora decided to be your girlfriend. But I'm happy for you."

"It just happened."

As Samuel awaited Rovanne, he spotted a black dot flkying in the sky. Before landing in front of him. It was a raven. It croaked at Samuel as the three of them stared at it.

"Ohh! It's a raven!" Gary squealed like a little girl.

Next to the Raven, a second one landed next to it. And then another. And then a fourth. Soon enough, a flock of ravens circled the sky as they individually landed in front of the trio. Donovan adjusted his hat to see what was happening. Samuel was about to remove his sunglasses but stopped at the last second.

The Ravens flew in a cyclone as the surrounding ones lunged inside the cyclone. It sped up for a single second before puffing into a bundle of black feathers, in the middle, Rovanne stood out with her arms to her side, "Tadah! I'm here!"

"Yoooo!" Gary was freaking out over the sight, "Was that your blessing?!"

"Yes, it was!" Rovanne bowed, "My blessing allows me to turn into a flock of ravens. Quite nice isn't it?"

Donovan walked up, "That it is. But before we allow Sammy to go with you, I need to ask some questions."

As Donovan engaged in conversation with her, Gary pulled Samuel in and whispered into his ear, "She's a keeper. I love me some raven people."

"Dude...Really?" Sammy turned to him.

"Hey, I'm biased. But still. Just talk to her when you're patrolling okay? Cool?"

Samuel stared at Rovanne. With every second, she appeared to gradually become prettier. But that shouldn't happen. How could he feel like that? He only knew her for a single day. He shook his head trying to get his thoughts together, "Is that how you got with Aurora?"

"Yes Actually. But in honesty, Aurora talked to me first. But she did say talking first would be nice. Come on! Go for it." Gary lightly shook Samuel as he whispered.

"Ok Ok...I can do this." Samuel tried to hype himself up.

"Remember Sammy. Be confident. That's important. Be simple. Be direct."

"Are you quoting Dune right now?"

"Maybe. Now go!"

Samuel is pushed by Gary to meet with Rovanne. As Donovan finishes up his conversation, he holds Samuel's shoulder, "Take good care of him yeah? I trust you to do this."