The Enslaved Child

Donovan and Gary are sitting idly on a chair next to each other. The nervous wreck that is Jacob quietly but not discreetly mutters nonsense to himself. Elyssia, Matthew, and Rovanne stood behind them. Just patiently awaiting the headmaster to leave his room and confront the troublemakers on their very first day.

"Hey. Just so you know, I'm innocent-"

"Just shut your trap Donovan." Elyssia quickly shut him down. Leaving Donovan frowning.

"Are you sure that you haven't seen Samuel? I thought he was always with you?" Rovanne spoke.

"Well, he had some business to do with some family problems. So, he had to go off by himself. i think I'll meet him back at the dorm." Donovan answers for her, before turning to Gary, "Come on dude. Just let her be. She's just doing her job."

"That's the second time in a single day..." Gary grumbles.

"Sorry..." Rovanne tried to apologize.

"Faen ta deg-!" Gary cursed under his breath.

"Calm down Gary..."

A rustle can be heard from the second floor of the office. Before a figure emerged from the bookshelves and hopped over the railing. Landing directly infront of the students. Headmaster Avshino brushed himself off before taking a seat infront of them.

"Sorry everyone. I was a bit lost in my books." He chuckled, "What happened?"

Donovan and Gary raised their binded hand. Showing the purple constraint that circles their hands. The fancy works of Rovanne.

"Really? On the first day? It hasn't even been a full day and now you're in trouble?"

"Can't help it." Donovan chuckled, "It just happens."

"Does fighting a whole class count as a natural occurrence?" Matthew asked.

"Not really."

Avshino leaned in further on the table, "And Mister Jacob here is with us. Are you okay my child?"

Jacob didn't look up from his foot. Still constantly blabbering about something. In an incoherent language. Raising worry in everyone. Donovan and Gary never had this occur. So they don't know what to do.

"I don't know what happened." Donovan said, "Really. I don't."

Gary is surprised he didn't hear the bundle of hisses and whispers coming from Donovan when he said that. Signalling that he isn't using his blessing. This is the truth. Yet, he still can use it to make people believe. So it boggles Gary's mind more.

"Hm...Where's Samuel?"

"He's off doing some work. Should be done by now." Donovan answered.

Just as he said that, something rung on Elyssia's ear. As the others spoke about what happened. With Matthew and Rovanne just standing there awkwardly, Elyssia found herself communicating with the fourth member.

"Hello? Elyssia, you there?" A familiar voice spoke in her earpiece.

"Sorry. I need to take this." Elyssia excused herself as she moved into a corner of the room, "Yes Madhav. You seen anything yet?"

"Well. I guess I did. Saw two students sleeping by a bench outside the dormitories. Quite adorable honestly."

"Madhav."

"Alright Alright. Just a thing though, the cameras seem to be glitching out when someone was exiting the dorm. That has been a common occurrence for the past three months. But I did catch someone."