Chapter 10 ~ Break from Physics

When Yu said she hates physics, she meant it with every fiber of her being.

It is a subject that she despises more than anything else in the world—except for homework assignments, of course. And whenever she looks at her notes or textbook for this particular subject, she gets bored and irritated instantly. The numbers that are written on the pages do nothing but bore her; the equations that are listed on them don't interest her in the slightest bit; and the pictures of the objects and theories drawn by artists only make her fall asleep. It's not just the material itself that irks her so much; it's the actual process of learning how things work—everything is just so complicated and tedious to grasp!

And the fact that she, along with three of her friends, were assigned to a group project regarding inertia didn't make things easier for her.

Sure, working with Ayumu, Sophia, and Yorimi is fun and all, but doing group work is still annoying nonetheless. Yu has absolutely no idea why people enjoy doing it so much, especially when they are forced to do so. It's so troublesome! How can anyone handle it when there's so much pressure on them!?

"Also gut. Any ideas vhat ve schould vrite about?" Sophia questions curiously with a quirked brow raised at her companions.

The four girls are currently gathered in her room, which is filled with various aerial locomotion themes and other aviation-related stuff, ranging from various models of planes and helicopters hanging from the ceiling to aviation-themed posters stuck to the walls and shelves filled with books on aviation history and engineering. In essence, the room is a haven for aviation enthusiasts. Birds are also present in the room, in the form of plush toys resting on top of her bed. There is also a large globe on her desk that she can use whenever she needs it for studying or research purposes.

However, currently, they are sitting on the floor in a circle and discussing their topic for the project while eyeing their respective laptops in front of them. The shared Canva Presentation Document that they are working on is open on each device; however, aside from their respective names and their group number, nothing else has been written onto it yet.

"Um, let's see..." Ayumu muses thoughtfully while tapping her chin lightly as she scrolls through her laptop's document files in search of any useful ideas she might've saved before.

For comfort purposes, all four girls are in their respective pajamas for this little group meeting and for their upcoming slumber party.

Yu herself is wearing a black hoodie adorned with the logo of their school idol group. Her pajama bottoms are a matching black with subtle white stripes running down the sides, offering a casual yet stylish look. Her black-green tip hair has been let loose, cascading freely down her back. Her emerald green eyes are half-lidded as she stares tiredly at the laptop screen before her. She lays on her stomach with her chin resting on her folded arms while humming thoughtfully as she ponders over the assignment she's been given.

Ayumu is sitting cross-legged beside her with an adorable oversized sea pink t-shirt featuring a cute cartoon rabbit munching a carrot. The shirt is paired with comfortable cotton shorts in a matching sea pink hue, completing her relaxed ensemble. Her dark peach hair is tied into a messy bun, while her yellowish-hazel eyes are fixed on her screen. She taps her fingers rhythmically against her laptop's keys while humming softly under her breath as she searches for suitable topics to write about.

The host of this impromptu gathering, Sophia, is settling at Yu's other side. She opts to wear a warm purple sleeveless shirt and loose-fitting pajama pants. The shirt has an eagle spreading its wings proudly embroidered on its chest, showing off its majestic glory to the world. Her warm purple hair is tied into a high ponytail, while her lime green eyes gaze intently at the screen before her. She is resting comfortably on her side, using one hand to hold up her head as she stares thoughtfully at the blank page.