*one attachment sent*

new hair for game day 😝

5:39pm

Damn shawt u look good

🙄🙄

thanks keem

She was a little bit salty that he didn't mention the game at all, but she couldn't let that cloud her focus. She just put her phone down and continued to get ready and chat with Syn.

"You okay, girl ?"

Sometimes Dasia felt like Syn could read her like a book.

"Yes, I'm being dramatic" she replied, "I'm so used to somebody coming to watch me, my mom used to always be there. She was so hands on-"

"Maybe you should call her." Syn butt in.

"You right, Ion know why I ain't think of that"

Dasia facetimed her mother.

"Hey mom!" She smiled in the camera, almost fully dressed and done up.

"Hey baby, you look gorgeous. How you holdin up?"

"I'm doing pretty good, a little bit nervous?"

"Nervousness is all in your head, baby. Just fake it till you make it and you gon eat that shit up."

"I know, ma. I feel like I just needed to hear it from you, y'know how I am."

"Yes I do, so don't be out there getting caught up wit no lil boys either-"

"Ma!"

"I'm serious, Daij! You got so much potential, you the first one of us to leave and go to college. Don't fuck up your oppourtunity."

"Okay, ma. I hear you."

"Alright baby, I love ya. We'll talk more some other time."

"Love you too."

Dasia ended the call, it took an unexpected turn, but in some way it gave her the motivation she needed to make sure she did her best. She went back to adding her finishing touches before it was time to go to the stadium.

___________________________________________________________

Hakeem Richards

Keem had been laying low since he got into with them boys

Keem had been laying low since he got into with them boys. He wasn't so much as worried about them, as he was worried about the law. What if I get pulled over with the same guns we used? He made sure to switch them out. Nah, them niggas wanna be street. I doubt they go to the police.

This the part of the life people didn't see. The paranoia of what could happen next. Keem had to move looking over his shoulder constantly, because he did some bad things in his past. He was trying to be better though. Ever since he turned 21, he felt like he wanted to do things differently and the world wouldn't let him change. It's always easier to take the blame off yourself, but Keem truly was a product of his environment.

He rolled up a blunt to try to ease his mind. He had a pack on the way that had to be picked up soon. Even though he's done it several times, it never got easier. He always made Quan and Jah come with him, just in case. You never know when a nigga might wake up ready to take you off.

"I'm outside when y'all ready." Keem said before he walked out to the car. He stood outside and hit the blunt, he didn't want the car smelling like weed when he was about to ride dirty. While he waited, he checked his phone.

iMessage

Dasia pool party

1:15pm

*one attachment sent*

new hair for game day 😝

5:39pm

Damn shawt u look good

🙄🙄

thanks keem

Whts wrong wit u

you must not be coming to the game no more .

Keem didn't respond, he genuinely didn't know what to say. He could tell Dasia wanted him to be there, but she wasn't going to just admit it. He wasn't the type to just be at too many social events, unless he was making money or benefiting in some type of way. It would be different if he just took her out. While deciding if he would make an appearance at the game or not, he saw Quan and Jah walk towards the car.