"And you're positive your sister is going to die, Aang? Are you sure you didn't misread something?" Toph questioned, her heart endlessly racing.

     Aang turned to face his friends, his expression serious. "I wish I had doubts, Toph, but no one could survive what Azula has in store for her..."

     "I'll be doubtful for both of us then, Kireina doesn't die." Sokka spoke, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

     "She does this time." Aang whispered, hanging his head low; his own words stabbing him in the heart. "But we're gonna try and prevent my vision from coming to fruition—Katara and Rein will be leaving that place alive, so help me Spirits."

☼☼☼

     Zuko paced the wooden floor of the Jasmine Dragon, his heart pounding in his chest and panic coursing through his veins. Kireina had told Iroh she would be back by dinner but it's now a new day and she remains absent. Sleep evaded Zuko the prior night, his worry too overwhelming to rest through.

     His uncle repeatedly told him she was probably just spending some much needed time with her brother but Zuko sensed something more sinister. Not that their time in Ba Sing Se has been easy but it's been uncharacteristically quiet for a little too long now.

     And then there was that nagging thought that pestered him endlessly.

     Sokka.

     Was he there? Were they together? Was Rein's absence voluntary as she wanted to spend more alone time with the Tribesman?

     Having been lost running through endless scenarios in his head, Zuko hadn't heard the royal messenger enter the shop. It was Iroh's excitement that ripped the teen from his mental torture.

     "What is it, Uncle?" Zuko asked, curiosity temporarily distracting him.

     "Great news! We've been invited to serve tea to the Earth King!" Iroh gleamed excitedly, shuffling off to prepare for such an honor.

     Zuko, on the other hand, sensed the red flags. It all seemed too good to be true. The tea shop, the new apartment in the upper ring, an invite from the Earth King himself and now Reina's missing; but Iroh wasn't outwardly suspicious, instead he was grateful thus making Zuko feel irrational.

     Deciding to just roll with the punches, he went along with his uncle's shenanigans without a complaint.

     Though he hid it well, Iroh was nervous too. He had attempted to push Kireina away weeks prior in order for Team Avatar to have the upper hand but he failed. Yesterday's last ditch effort turned out to be a success however it may have been too late, he might have just thrown Rein into the lion's den.

     His little birds had warned him that there were unwelcome strangers lurking behind the walls. Iroh had a strong suspicion one of those lurkers was his niece, Azula. There was once a time where her presence didn't unnerve him but those moments felt like a distant memory now; his own blood was now his enemy. With Ozai's support, Azula was an unstoppable machine, mowing down everything and anything in her way. The Avatar was her target but by teaming him with the Ekkona, Iroh was hopeful Azula would crumble.

     Nevertheless, he remained hopeful that she was simply rejoicing in her brother's company.

☼☼☼