e l e v e n: Shopping

bro I swear I'll get on the photos soon

· · ─────── ·ψ· ─────── · ·

The driver pulled up to the Columbus Circle Mall- and let me tell you, it looks way better in person than in the photos. It's a large, multi-story building next to the Columbus circle (hence its name), and there's a large window that goes from the top floor to the bottom, right where the entrance is.

The five of us: Dior, Leah, Momona, Leena and I, get out of the large taxi van. Since it's Christmastime, there's large, ten foot tall stars hanging from the ceiling, fading into new colors every few minutes. we push through the glass doors, making our way to the directory.

"Damn, this place is bigger than it looks!" Leena exclaims. From the outside, you can tell that the building is multiple levels, but the sheer amount of shops they have is insane.

"Where do you guys want to head first?" Leah asks. "There aren't many shops for clothes on this floor besides Lululemon."

I make a weird face, and so do the others. We all shake our heads in unison and laugh. "To the second floor we go!"

· · ─────── ·ψ· ─────── · ·

Of the stores on the second floor, we choose to go to H&M first. We might take a pit stop at the others, but probably not. The first floor of H&M is mostly baby clothes, some heels, and mens clothing. We take the in-store escalator to the second, where the fitting rooms and women's clothes are. Dior, Leah, and I go to one area and Leah and Momona go to the others. We're surprising each other with outfits we think fit them- I'm assigned Leena and my other two friends have Momona.

As we sift through the clothes, Dior tries to bring up conversation, and of course, the topic is Walker.

"So, care to share more about this," Dior starts. "Effect Walker has on you?"

Leah interrupts before I can say anything. "Dior! We should call it something- like, The Walker Effect!" Her face lights up, getting the other curly-hared girl excited.

"See you get me," Dior says. "But maybe not The Walker Effect. It needs more of a ring to it, you know?"

"Yeah I know what you mean. It has to do with his name though."

"How about The Scobell Effect! Because Walker makes Paisley all- well-" Dior turns back to me, gesturing an arm up and down my body. "Extra Paisley."

"And Leena makes anyone completely fall in love with her first conversation so it works," Leah responds, and they high-five.

"I am so confused right now," I say, arms full with different outfits I have picked out. We head towards the changing rooms, where we agreed to meet up once the whole group had the clothes. We hyped up whoever got changed every time they came out. Soon enough, it's my turn. I walk into the small stall where Leena has all the stuff she had chosen for me laid out.

I close the door behind me, looking at the things the blonde girl had picked out. I start off with the knitted shirts. There's a tank with black stripes, and black utility pants. I try them on and show the crowd, but everyone just shakes their heads.

After quite a few tries and many black clothes late, I'm on the second to last fit. Light blue medium-rise baggy jeans and a rib-knit cardigan.

I try it on, looking at myself in the mirror. I make sure to have the cardigan drape off my shoulder, just how I like it. Okay Leena, this isn't too shabby.