School Without (Y/n)

It was nearly the end of the school year, nearing their graduation. Yet, (Y/n) had to leave earlier than expected, not at Kusuo cared. Because he doesn't! Though he did find it annoying that she left him here alone, with all of the dumbasses. Giving him remarks on how they miss (Y/n) and worry about how he feels about her absence.

She had told their group of "friends" that she had gone back "home". It wasn't a lie, but the group believed she went back to her hometown, here on earth. When in fact she traveled back to Hell in order to take care of some unfinished business. She should be back before the new year started, there was no reason she wouldn't be back by then.

Today, Kusuo sat in the classroom, listening to everyone's thoughts on the new student arriving today. 'Why is a new student arriving so late in the year?' Kusuo grumbled in his thoughts, quite annoyed that there will be another dumbass running around. The new student would never catch up, as finals start within the next month.

As class started a rugged gangster walked into the room. Despite trying to blend in, it was obvious he was a walking red flag. Did anyone notice? No. As he wrote on the board, it read "Aren Kuboyasu was here" in Japanese kanji. "Shi-- Shoot!" Aren nearly cursed as he quickly erased half of what he wrote. 'Seriously, how did no one notice that? Is no one going to question it?' Kusuo complained internally.

This new student was going to be a massive problem, he can already tell. "Man, did (Y/n) miss out, I bet she would've loved chatting with the new guy," Kaido commented as he leaned against Kusuo's seat. "No, she wouldn't, she doesn't like people like him," Kusuo adamantly retorted as he sent his "friend" a glare. "No need to get jealous, we all know you two are a thing" Kaido assured with his hands raised.

"We are not a thing!" Kusuo hissed, his eyes narrowing at the accusation. 'Besides, if (Y/n) was here, she wouldn't tolerate a former gangster being in our school,' he thought, already hearing Aren's backstory. Unfortunately, this backstory isn't something the psychic can overlook. Looks like going home early isn't an option, he just hopes (Y/n) doesn't arrive back while he is gone.

As class ended, Kusuo had to sneakily follow the ex-gangter around, in case Aren did something to someone. Already, the new student nearly fought a kid who wanted to say hello. It got even worse when Nendo decided to "pick a fight" with Aren. 'This idiot...' Kusuo groaned as he covered his face with a hand. 'Who the hell is this guy? Looks like a punk!' Aren thought, instantly jumping to conclusions.

'He's not a punk, he just looks like a punk in the form of an idiot. Nendo, go away so I can go home,' Kusuo internally pleaded. If Nendo ends up hurt, he isn't saving the dumbass. "You know, I might not look like it, but (Y/n) and I did some crazy stuff last week," Nendo said, gaining Kusuo's attention. 'You better not say something stupid, or I'll punch you myself,' Kusuo internally warned.

"Yeah? Like what kind of stuff?" Aren asked curiously, wanting to know how "gangster" Nendo was. "So, during the hot spring, (Y/n) and I chased mosquitos around with a fly swatter. Then I told her I could eat a whole watermelon, and she didn't believe me. So I ended up eating a whole melon by myself, skin and all! Then..." Nendo kept going on and on.

The longer he talked, the more uninterested Kusuo and Aren got. '(Y/n)... You need a new friend,' Kusuo grumbled, in disbelief the demon would go along with Nendo's whims. Although the stories were stupid, it didn't entice the psychic to punch the dumbass. Though, it did thoroughly piss off the former gangster, who now realized Nendo is an idiot and had wasted his time.

Kusuo was impressed that Aren manage to walk away without fighting Nendo on the spot. That was until Aren spotted a bully trying to shake down an unsuspecting student. It only took seconds for Aren to bury the bully with a locker and threaten the victim into silence. 'Well... I guess it could've been worse...' Kusuo reasoned, knowing (Y/n) would've nearly killed the bully.

For today, Kusuo trusts that Aren will behave himself because Kusuo doesn't want to spend any more time watching him. Heading home, he immediately checks for (Y/n), silently hoping she is back, to no avail. 'It's fine, it's not the new semester yet, it will be fine,' Kusuo reminded himself as he headed to bed.

~~~

Finals were over and the students now have the free time to host the yearly festival. Kusuo looked and felt like crap, hair tussled about and eyebags clinging to his face. Why did he look like this? You might ask. Because he had come down with an unknown disease. It definitely wasn't because he spent weeks awake, waiting for (Y/n)'s return. Nope, it's only an unknowing disease, nothing more.

"Saiki, do you want to sit out for this? You look like you need some rest," Hairo asked, looking worried for his classmate. Despite being known for his enthusiasm, he knows when someone is at their limit. "Did Dark Reunion do this to you?" Kaido asked, already jumping in his fantasy. "I am fine," Kusuo assured, now looking annoyed and tired. "What a man! See everyone, aspire to be like Saiki!" Hairo exclaimed with tears in his eyes, commemorating Kusuo's mental strength.

"Wait, I take it back, let me go home-" Saiki's pleas fell on deaf ears as the class cheered, now motivated by Hairo's enthusiasm. Now it's time to decide what to showcase for their room's theme. "What's that in your hand?" Student A asked, noticing an object in another student's hand. "This? It's just a weirdly shaped rock I found," Student B explained as he held up the rock.

"That is a strange rock... I know! How about we display strange rocks as our display? That way everyone can just find a rock whenever and bring it to the room!" Student A recommended, as the class cheered a "yah!" in response. "What do you think Hairo?" Student A asked with a hopeful expression.

"Great, class 3 will display rocks found outside the schoolyard," Hairo chirped, seemingly not fazed. "Agreed!" The class cheered, happy he agreed. "No way!!!" Hairo exclaimed with an ugly expression. Kusuo let out a sigh as a long rant began, and more options for displays that could fit with everyone's schedule. At least Kusuo found out who would win in a charismatic battle between Hairo. If you couldn't guess, it's Teruhashi.

'I could be at home right now,' Kusuo complained to himself, wanting to "go back to bed". Of course, for sleeping, not because he wasn't to stare at a wall in hopes his shadow would turn into (Y/n). Totally not the reason, because he isn't waiting for her! Wanting for the argument to stop, so he could go home, Kusuo sneakily opened the classroom window and pulled in a meteor. Instantly, it caught everyone's attention, as any meteorite would. Debate settled, they are displaying weird rocks.

It did not take long for the students to find a bunch of strange rocks. At first, Kusuo didn't suspect the display to be amazing. But with the luck his classmates have, the display is turning out to be somewhat interesting. Though some of the rocks were a bit suspicious and a bit pg-13 in the psychic's opinion.

"Hey, Saiki!" A familiar voice caught his attention and not one he enjoyed. Turning towards Toritsuka, his eyes widened when he saw a familiar tuff of (h/n) hair. "(Y/n)!?" Kusuo said out loud as he rushed to the figure, only to instantly find out it was just a cardboard cut-out of (Y/n). "Bahaha! I got you good! You should see the look on your--" Toritsuka didn't get to finish as he was smacked harshly.

"Don't do that again, got it?" Kusuo growled as he towered over the pervert. "Got it..." Toritsuka hissed out through his pain as he lay on the floor in tears. "What did you want?" Kusuo asked in a dull tone, wanting to be done with Toritsuka. "See, I want you to help me with a band--" "No" Kusuo immediately shot down, not even wanting to hear him out. Especially not after what the pervert just pulled earlier.

"Come on! What would (Y/n) think if she sees you performing with us?" Toritsuka asked, trying to plead his case. "Don't bring her into this," Kusuo warned, his patients thinning the more Toritsuka talked. "Alright, alright, but you do owe me for helping you on that Okinawa trip," Toritsuka reminded the psychic. Kusuo let out a sigh, he had a point, but it's not like the psychic was excited about helping.

Though, if the pervert wanted to use up his favor for something as stupid as a band, then he'd take it then leave. With a few psychic powers here, a few bullshit poses there, and Toritsuka was happy. Once they started singing, horribly might I add, did Kusuo take that as his cue to leave. He did help, by showing them how they could sound if they practiced. He doesn't know how long it will take them to figure out they're back to sounding like shit.