25. Unwanted guests

The next morning, I got dressed in a simple olive green t shirt and some jeans and pulled my hair up, and began my way out of the packhouse.
I had not slept at all the night before. Laying in my dark room, I held no comfort as I listened to the sounds of the wind outside my window. Even with Zine positioning William outside my door the whole night, it still did nothing for me.
So this morning , I decided that the best thing to jolt me awake was a walk. My body desperately needed it over the events of yesterday.

As I made my way down the last step on the front porch, I was amazed by the sea of people running around the pack yard. Some I recognized, and some I did not.
Looking around, I immediately spotted his large muscular body as he stood in our training area to the far left side of the packhouse. Closing my eyes for a moment, I let my mind work through the wave of scents before the smell of oak finally once again wrapped itself around me.
Opening my eyes, I made the walk towards him. As I neared, I took in his future. His grey sweatpants sat low on his hips. His shirt was off and tossed to the side. His back was littered with scars on top of his smooth tan skin.
Part of me wanted to reach out and trace along the long scars across his back. To feel the rise of the skin.
Instead, I kept my hands by my side as I walked up to him.
He stood in front of a group of pack warriors, about 10 of them. They had been paired up in twos as they practiced battle moves on each other.
"Training them?" I asked as I walked to his side.
Zine looked to his side and down to me. With the spring sun shining down on him, he looked like he was shining. He looked back towards the warriors.
"Just showing them a few extra moves." His eyes looked off into the distance for a moment before looking back at me.
" Spare with me." He said. "Let me teach you a couple of moves."
I could feel the panic start to rise in my chest. What do I say? What do I do?
I could try and hold my own for just a moment, but if I lose which I will, nobody will bat a second eye. I mean, everybody loses to the monster that haunts the red mountains pack.
I give him a slight nod as the lump in my throat wouldn't allow me to speak. A grin crossed his face.

He took a few long strides away from me before turning and facing me. I didn't know why, but my chest began to race as I watched. Something deep inside liked it as I watched his every move. I pushed that feeling deep inside into the pit of my stomach.

People began circling, watching as the alpha princess spared with the most deadly alpha himself.

I watched as Zine paced back and forth for a moment before turning towards me.

"Come at me." He said in a deep tone, one telling me his wolf was near the surface.

Taking a deep breathe I tried to remember what I was once taught by my father so long ago.

With all my speed, I ran straight towards him, but he quickly dodged, sending me staggering behind him. I turned to face him once again quickly.

Never have your back to an enemy.
I could hear my father in my mind.

I sprinted at him once again. This time, as he tried to dodge, I circled myself around and wrapped my arms around his torso and pushed with all my might, trying to send him tumbling. People around us began hollering and cheering.

Zine hadn't moved an inch like I had hoped. Instead he quickly whipped around and reached under grabbing me by my own torso lifting me into the air he began to lift me over his shoulders breaking the hold I had on him as he tossed me over making me fall towards the ground on my back.
Before I could hit the ground, Zine quickly turned around and reached his hand out, grabbing me by the shirt to try and prevent me from hitting the ground. But, it didn't work. Instead, both of us ended up falling. Me flat on my back and Zine on top of me. In a moment, he reached his hands out, catching himself before completely landing on me.
People were hollering and talking loudly. But I couldn't hear them.
After taking the damage of falling, I quickly gained to.
I no longer heard the sounds of the people who had circled cheering us on. All I could focus on was the god that was hovering over me. His leg somehow ended up in between my own. His knee inches away from my core.
His hands on both sides of my head caging me in as his chest just barely hovered above mine.
His dark locks touched the edges of my face as they fell forward. His deep eyes stared into mine.
My chest began to beat wildly, wanting, threatening to explode and soak the ground beneath us. My insides were on fire, screaming and calling out to him. And we both knew it.

I'm laying in bed naked. The big glass windows are opened, letting the sunlight and summer warmth pour in.
"Are you ready for me, princess?" His deep voice whispered behind me, making the hairs on my neck stand.
I flipped my body around to find my own naked as well. Grinning, he lifted the white sheet, and it floated in the air before settling down on us. My laughter filled the room.

"That looks like fun." Startled. I came back from the trance I was in.
Looking over towards the familiar voice, I immediately felt my body go numb.
Alpha Jax.
"My turn." He grinned.