Cookies 'n' Dreams (3)

The next morning, the school was abuzz with panic and confusion as Himiko walked through the front doors. She walked by herself to school that morning, in case Kokichi was mad at her from the day before.

   "Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! What do we do-hoo-hooooo?!" Kazuichi wailed, running around in circles.

   "Hm? What's going on?" Kokichi asked.

   "Teruteru has disappeared," Gundham answered grimly. 

   Disappeared? Himiko thought nervously to herself. She glanced at Kokichi out of the corner of her eye.

    "When we woke up this mornin' he was just gone!" Akane explained.

    "W-We looked...e-everywhere for him, b-but...we couldn't find him," Mikan stammered. Then, she burst into tears. "Where could he beeeee?!"

   "Did someone kidnap Mr. Hanamura?!" Hifumi cried. 

   "No way! There'd be no reason for anyone to do that!" Makoto said. 

   "Well, gosh! Wherever he is, I hope he's okay," Ibuki said. "Or at least...isn't dead!"

   "Who gives a shit if he's dead or not?!" Miu exclaimed. "That's not even important right now!"

   "What do you mean, Miu?" Tsumugi asked.

   "If Teruteru's gone, who's gonna bake and sell the damn cookies?!" Miu said. Murmurs of concern rippled through the crowd. 

   "I guess we'll have to do it ourselves, then," Shuichi said. 

   "Yeah, right!" Kazuichi exclaimed. "That sounds like such a hassle!"

    "You don't have to do it if you don't want to," Maki said, rolling her eyes and sighing. "I'm certainly not going to."

   "Maki's right," Kaede said. "Besides, I'll volunteer to do it!"

   "You will?!" Shuichi exclaimed.

   "Mm-hmm! Why don't you join me, Shuichi?" Kaede said. "It'll be fun!"

   "Ah, well...okay, I guess," Shuichi mumbled. Then, he smiled at Kaede. "Okay, then, Kaede, I'll try it! Besides, it might be fun!" Kaede wrapped her arms around Shuichi, and gave him a kiss.

   "Thanks, Shuichi! You're the best!" she cried. Shuichi blushed.

   "Ah, er...yeah...no problem," he said. 

   "I'll do it, too," Rantaro said. "I used to bake cookies with my sisters. It was a good time, and it'll bring back good memories."