Miu and the Mechanic (5)

It was quiet during 1st period as the students were taking a test. The only sound was the opening door to the classroom, and Himiko was surprised to see Kokichi smiling at her and walking up to the teacher, Mr. Watanabe, to hand him a note. Afterwards, he briefly left the classroom.

   "Miss Yumeno, Miss Yoshida wants to see you," Mr. Watanabe said. Himiko reluctantly stood up from her seat and headed out of the classroom. A feeling of dread came over her. What did Miss Yoshida, the science teacher, want with her? As she exited the room, she saw Kokichi waiting for her.

   "Nyeh...what does Miss Yoshida want with me?" she asked. "Am I in trouble?"

   "Pfft, no," Kokichi replied. "That was a forged note. I just asked Miss Yoshida to use the bathroom, and that's where I forged it." Himiko's eyes widened.

   "Why'd you pull me out of class, then?!" she whisper-yelled. "I was in the middle of taking a test!"

   "Mr. Watanabe's a nice teacher," Kokichi replied nonchalantly. "He'll let you finish it up later. Right now, though, we have something more important to do!" He took Himiko's hand in his, and pulled her along the hallway. As they walked, Kokichi reached into his pocket and pulled out an envelope. "Okay, remember when I said it would be boring to use forged letters to get Miu and Kazuichi together like we tried to do with Shuichi and Kyoko?"

   "Yeah," Himiko replied, nodding. 

   "Well, I decided to use that idea again, only this time, I didn't forge anything," Kokichi explained. "I just typed a 'secret admirer' note to Miu telling her to meet her secret admirer at Chez La Vie at 7:00 tonight."

   "Is that where she'll have her date with Kazuichi?" Himiko asked. 

   "Yuppers!" Kokichi replied. "I'm just going to slip this note into Miu's locker, so that it'll be the first thing she sees when it's time for 2nd period."

   "And then what?" Himiko asked. 

   "What do you mean?" Kokichi asked.

   "Did you seriously pull me out of class just to watch you slip a note into Miu's locker?!" Himiko asked incredulously.

  "I pulled you out of class because of Taka, the Ultimate Stick In the Mud," Kokichi replied. "He's hall monitor for 1st period, right? If I got caught, I wouldn't be able to slip the note into Miu's locker. One of us has to be the distraction, just in case." Himiko thought for a while, then began to fidget nervously.

   "Well...I guess I'll be the distraction, then," Himiko replied quietly. Kokichi thought to himself for a few seconds.

   "Mmm...nah, HimiCocoa Bean, I'll  be the distraction, and you slip the note into Miu's locker, 'kay?" he said. 

   "Okay, but...what if I get caught?" Himiko asked nervously.